[P2P-F] Fwd: happy news and soul searching

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Apr 30 06:03:12 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Micah White <magus at activist.boutique>
Date: Sat, Apr 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM
Subject: happy news and soul searching
To: Michel Bauwens <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

*hurray good news thanks to you THE END OF PROTEST is a bestseller in
Canada!*

*America is next so keep on telling your friends about the new playbook for
revolution every activist will soon read*
watch our most in-depth tv interview yet
[image: Micah on Bloomberg TV Canada] <https://www.micahmwhite.com/>
a soul searching look at contemporary activism with an uplifting vision for
why a women's movement is the future
Watch now <https://www.micahmwhite.com/>

LETTERS FROM READERS
*Hello, my name is James* and I am a student of Philosophy & Communication
at the University of Hawaii. I really liked reading your chapter about a
Unified Theory of Revolution and your holistic view of resistance that
incorporates both the material and immaterial. Your book has helped me
transition into a new phase of subjective evolution and I wanted to say
thank you. I have been trying to spread your book around and discuss your
ideas with several of my philosophy teachers who are very open-minded and
seem interested. I had the idea that having you come to the school to give
a talk about your book would be awesome! I would love to make arrangements
for that to happen. Thank you for your time!
*I wanted to thank you for writing the end of protest.* I am 57 years old
but I recognized there was something different and special about occupy
wall street as soon as I heard about it. I participated in the Atlanta May
Day and was disappointed, and the same day participated with around 10
others in my local town of Lagrange and made some lifelong friends. Since I
didn't serve in the military the occupy movement was the first time in my
adult life I really felt like a citizen. I agree that not only did Occupy
have sufficient numbers and attention; it had the most thoughtful, creative
people, it had the right ethics, it had the right way to organize, it was
what I had been not just waiting for but watching and working for. After
May Day I went back to working as I always have in the way I always have.
As liberating as Occupy was reading the end of protest was more liberating:
It has now liberated me from a script that no longer works, it has saved me
from feeling like a failure and from trying to implement a script that no
longer works. It is one of the most important books I have ever read and I
will be contacting you in the future with some the quite, slow, small,
invisible tactics I am implementing. I am an expert at the upper left hand
quadrant of the unified field theory. Thanks for your work you have already
made such a difference.
*I am nearly finished with your marvelous book.*  My eyes were opened on
October 1, 2011 when I watched the mass arrests on Brooklyn Bridge. It was
an epiphany. At Occupy London I told the assembly that I thought we had
just begun the work of decades. But just as you said, the old ways, the old
goals and the old perceptions, coupled with intense suppressive activities
by the police stopped all that could have come. I have wondered about this
for a long time, even felt like I was somehow disloyal if I admitted the
faults and failures of Occupy. So End of Protest was very healing.
*I’ve just finished End of Protest – read in one day sitting at the kitchen
table drinking too much tea in the spring sunshine. Loved it and am sending
copies to friends and family. Congratulations. *

Most of all I wanted to say that your book was inspiring and confirmative.
I plan to get a few mates around here to read it and share reflections. I
sent a copy to my brother in Australia who is a frustrated stone mason
working in construction hunting for ways to activate his political
passions. Then I sent it to my parents to soothe their grief on how the
60’s and 70’s worked out for them. It has also given me motivation and
guidance on how to be engaged: the playbook performed the function of an
examination of conscience that I will return to. It was also instructive on
how to convey heavy theory in a way that doesn’t dilute but reaches the
reader. Thank you for writing it. Its really, really good. And thanks for
listening – this stuff matters a lot to me.

Anyway if you are in Europe at any point let me know. The kettle is always
on.
THANK YOU, WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOU

HERE'S A FEW PLACES TO FIND
*THE END OF PROTEST*

*CANADA*
CHAPTERS-INDIGO
<http://chapters.indigo.ca/en-ca/books/the-end-of-protest-micah-white/9780345810045-item.html>
AMAZON <http://amzn.to/24lc8Nl>
MCNALLY ROBINSON
<http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/9780345810045/micah-white/the-end-of-protest>
OWL'S NEST BOOKS
<http://bookmanager.com/1675575/?q=h.tviewer&using_sb=status&qsb=keyword&qse=ERwtpK2h44CZklD-GoCVmw>
MOSAIC BOOKS
<http://mosaicbooks.ca/?q=h.reports.iv&eisbn=ERwtpK2h44CZklD-GoCVmw>

*USA*
AMAZON <http://amzn.to/20ichOy>
KWELI CLUB
<http://kweliclub.com/products/micah-white-the-end-of-protest-a-new-playbook-for-revolution>
STRAND BOOKS
<http://strandbooks.com/product/the-end-of-protest-a-new-playbook-for-revolution>
BARNES & NOBLE
<http://barnesandnoble.com/w/the-end-of-protest-micah-white/1123237703?ean=9780345810045>
POWELL'S <http://www.powells.com/book/-9780345810045>
VROMAN'S BOOKS <http://www.vromansbookstore.com/book/9780345810045>

*WORLDWIDE*
UK
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/End-Protest-New-Playbook-Revolution/dp/034581004X/>
FRANCE
<http://www.amazon.fr/End-Protest-New-Playbook-Revolution/dp/034581004X/>
GERMANY
<http://www.beck-shop.de/White-End-of-Protest-A-New-Playbook-for-Revolution/productview.aspx?product=16401214>
NETHERLANDS <https://www.bol.com/nl/p/the-end-of-protest/9200000056834896/>
SWITZERLAND
<https://www.exlibris.ch/de/buecher-buch/english-books/micah-white/the-end-of-protest-a-new-playbook-for-revolution/id/9780345810045>
SPAIN
<http://www.amazon.es/End-Protest-New-Playbook-Revolution/dp/034581004X/>
JAPAN <https://www.kinokuniya.co.jp/f/dsg-02-9780345810045>
CHINA
<http://www.amazon.cn/The-End-of-Protest-A-New-Playbook-for-Revolution-White-Micah/dp/034581004X/>
AUSTRALIA
<http://www.booktopia.com.au/the-end-of-protest-micah-white/prod9780345810045.html>
*THE END OF PROTEST*
IS A GREAT GRADUATION GIFT

Please reply to this email and tell us what you think!

Load images for best experience.

This briefing was sent by:

Boutique Activist Consultancy
c/o Micah White and Chiara Ricciardone
PO Box 71
Nehalem, Oregon 97131
USA

This briefing was sent to michelsub2004 at gmail.com because you are
interested in activism, protest and social change

If you received this briefing from a friend, *subscribe here
<http://activist.boutique/#preFooter>*

No longer want to receive BAC announcements? *Unsubscribe here
<http://rainbow.activistboutique.com/magus/unsubscribe/gqUb892nKEtBlP6tqtSfLsLIobprtrbe7rwbHBB892um6MY/SO1gK8dpNxD9ElwsSmsfPw/t763eZpubqOGMWC7S3qSi7Og>*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/