[P2P-F] Fwd: Theory Development: Value in Peer Production, meeting June 21

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Apr 29 22:15:25 CEST 2016

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Adam Arvidsson <adam.arvidsson at unimi.it>
Date: Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 5:55 PM
Subject: Theory Development: Value in Peer Production, meeting June 21
To: P2P Value Members List <members at lists.p2pvalue.eu>, fdi-p2pvalue-l <
fdi-p2pvalue-l at ucm.es>, P2PValue Project Members List <members at p2pvalue.eu>

Dear all,

for some time we have been working on synthesising the existing literature,
our own research and the many insights that have come out of all of our
efforts in the project into a sort of ‘final statement’ on the issue of
value in peer production. We think that it would be very useful- nay
vital!- for us to discus these ideas with as many as possible of you.
Therefore I would like to urge you all to come to our meeting, or at least
to make sure that at least one representative from each research effort
(platform, legal context, Barcelona’s work on mapping and survey, and
Surrey’s work on simulation) can be present at the meeting.

Some of you have announced that June 21 might be difficult so in the Doodle
below we also list dates Monday June 27, Monday 4 July as options. Please
fill in as soon as possible.

http://doodle.com/poll/k6c7baw7z7pqh2ey

We envision a one day workshop, people could arrive on the night before for
a social dinner and then arrange to leave in the late afternoon.

We would like the three partners who have signed up for writing paper for
deliverable 4.3 (Barcelona, Paris, Milan) to present their drafts (that
should be circulated one week in advance) and then for everyone to
contribute to understanding how efforts and insights form all across the
project can be integrated into and enrich those drafts.

best

adam

Adam Arvidsson
Associate Professor
Department of Social and Political Sciences
University of Milano
via Conservatorio 7, 20122 Milano
+39-0250321209
adam.arvidsson at unimi.it