[P2P-F] Fwd: FYI: "The Internet needs a new economy—here’s why" + NYC Event 11/13 -14 (videostreamed)

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Nov 11 05:35:04 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nurul E. <ne_atl at onebox.com>
Date: Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 4:19 AM
Subject: FYI: "The Internet needs a new economy—here’s why" + NYC Event
11/13 -14 (videostreamed)
To: ne_atl at onebox.com

------- Forbes blogger Adam Hartung -----

As Goes Apple, So Goes The Nation: Jobs In The Digital Service Economy
http://www.forbes.com/sites/adamhartung/2015/11/06/as-goes-apple-so-goes-the-nation-jobs-in-the-digital-service-economy/

Snippet:
"Today’s growth companies, those powering the American economic engine, are
filled with intellectual assets rather than physical assets. Apple, Google
and Facebook (et.al.) are creating intellectual capital, and they need
employees able to add to that capital base. It is not enough for job
candidates to have a college degree any longer. Today’s job hunter has to
be information savvy, digital savvy, tech savvy.

In the 1960s the gap widened dramatically between those in manufacturing
and those in farming. By the 1970s farms were closing by the hundreds as
value shifted out of agrarian production to industrial production. It was
devastating to farm communities and farm families.

Today the gap is widening between those skilled in manufacturing or general
knowledge and those with information-based skills..."