[P2P-F] [tapas] FAQs about bank runs

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jun 30 07:50:32 CEST 2015

all material to support Greece through the p2p blog are very welcome,

TODAY 1
http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/in-support-of-the-no-in-the-greek-referendum/2015/06/29

In support of the “No” in the Greek Referendum
<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/in-support-of-the-no-in-the-greek-referendum/2015/06/29>
[image: photo of Michel Bauwens]
Michel Bauwens
29th June 2015

Sunday’s referendum will mark a defining moment in Greece’s modern history
and a decisive turn for Europe’s neoliberal project. The choice is very
clear. Five years after the people of Greece first rose up against the
anti-democratic imposition of the Troika’s austerity measures, they have
finally been given the chance to decide upon their own destiny: either they
will vote yes to a lifetime of austerity within the eurozone, or they will
roar back at the creditors’ inhumane demands with a proud and resounding
“NO!” — thereby opening the way for a thousand yeses to a new, democratic
and socially just Europe, freed from the shackles of debt servitude, the
noose of a deflationary single currency, and the tyranny of an
unaccountable financial technocracy.

Republished from *Jerome Roos* (via ZNet).

*Needless to say with are fully onboard with this interpretation and the
need to support the greek people against the extortionate and destructive
demands of the Troika.*

*Jerome Roos:*

*TODAY 2 **http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-the-eu-has-wrought-in-greece-the-tale-of-magda/2015/06/29
<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-the-eu-has-wrought-in-greece-the-tale-of-magda/2015/06/29>*

What the EU has wrought in Greece: the tale of Magda
<http://blog.p2pfoundation.net/what-the-eu-has-wrought-in-greece-the-tale-of-magda/2015/06/29>

[image: photo of Michel Bauwens]
Michel Bauwens
29th June 2015

What I do know, is that the encounter was the beginning of the end of my
love affair with the European project. Because, quite simply, it is no
longer my European Union. It is Amazon’s and Starbucks’. It is the
politicians’ and the IMF’s. But it is not mine. If belonging to the largest
and richest trading bloc in the world cannot provide dinner for a retired
teacher like her, it has no reason to exist. If a European Union which
produces €28,000 of annual GDP for every single one of its citizens cannot
provide a safety net for her, then it is profoundly wicked. If this is not
a union of partners, but a gang of big players and small players, who cut
the weakest loose at the first sign of trouble, then it is nothing.

Excerpted <https://keithpp.wordpress.com/2015/06/28/magdas-tale/> from *Alex
Andreou*:

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/