[P2P-F] [CommonGood] support appreciated for Plan C, a commons transition plan for greek civil movements

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Jul 24 09:12:49 CEST 2015

Dear Birgit:

fully agree that local initiatives are not sufficient,

my own belief is that very little is possible at national scale within the
eurozone especially with the government committed to carrying out the
extreme measures of the accord,

in the absense of a democratic and sovereign monetary policy, I'm very
partial to the transition proposals of CADTM and Ellen Brown, but it's hard
to see them as realistic options under the current government

in the meantime I believe it would be useful to start linking up local and
regional currencies and to link them up with a 'national' (or even
transnational) credit commons system, based on a link with the solidarity
economy, SME's and coop entities that gives it real economic clout and
liquidity, as it has done for the WIR in Switzerland,

in general, I would hope for interconnecting provisioning and mutual aid
networks, on the model of what has started in Madison, Wisconsin with
Stephanie Rearick's Mutual Aid Network and the stirrings of encommuns.org
in Lille. Is there anything to be done at the urban level, on the model of
what is happening in a multitude of places in Italy ?

we need a multitude of people in Greece to start thinking not just about
local resilience, but about rebuilding, an alternative mode of production
with its own logic ; the pieces of the puzzle are there, but who can and is
willing to assemble them ?

Plan C for the moment can't be based on the hope of a political party
carrying it out, but, for the moment, in my opinion, must be based about
patient self-organization and the rebuilding of social and political forces
that actually believe in alternatives,

Michel

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/