[P2P-F] Fwd: [Commoning] The NET session: A New Money, Banking and Financial System for a New Economy

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed Jan 7 08:05:24 CET 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Bollier <david at bollier.org>
Date: Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 12:01 AM
Subject: [Commoning] The NET session: A New Money, Banking and Financial
System for a New Economy
To: "commoning at lists.wissensallmende.de >> Commoning" <
commoning at lists.wissensallmende.de>

This may be of interest to the Commoning list....

-------- Forwarded Message --------  Subject: Help us promote the NET
session: A New Money, Banking and Financial System for a New Economy
Date: Mon,
5 Jan 2015 15:25:31 -0800  From: Noel Ortega <noel at ips-dc.org>
Lena Silberzahn <lena at ips-dc.org> <lena at ips-dc.org>

 (Apologies to those who have already received a version of this note.)

 Dear Friends,

 We hope you are off to a great start in the New Year!

 I'm writing to let you know that our *newest* NET (New Economy Transition)
discussion session "A New Money, Banking and Financial System for a New
Economy" is out! And we need your help with promotion.

In this online presentation, we've included some short background readings,
presentation discussion videos, audio and additional resources.Click here
for more info.
<http://www.neweconomyworkinggroup.org/discussions/new-money-banking-and-financial-system-new-economy>

This time, David Korten (New Economy Working Group
<http://neweconomyworkinggroup.org/>), Stacy Mitchell,( ILSR
<http://www.ilsr.org/>), Ellen Brown (Public Banking Institute
<http://publicbankinginstitute.org/>), Jared Gardner (Move your Money
Campaign) and  Bill Greider (The Nation) envision a banking and financial
system devoted to investing in the creation, rather than the expropriation,
of real wealth.

As you know, this NET session is part of an ongoing series of discussions
<http://www.neweconomyworkinggroup.org/discussions> that look at key
transition points that get us closer towards a New Economy -- and that you
have participated in over the last few years. We have packaged these
discussions into an online presentation so we can disseminate them to a
larger audience.

*So we need your help spreading the word! *Below you'll find suggested Facebook
posts and tweets to share with your networks.

Thank you for all your help and support!

All the Best,
Noel, Lena and the New Economy Working Group

 2. Post and tweet

 [image: image.jpeg]

The proper function of money is to fulfill the needs of people, communities
and nature. Find out how we can create a community-based and democratically
accountable banking system: http://ow.ly/ESirf

 In this NET session about our money system, The Nation’s Bill Greider
provides recommendations for restructuring the Federal Reserve. Find out
how we can create a community-based and democratically accountable banking
system http://ow.ly/ESirf .

 <http://ow.ly/ESirf>

In this NET Discussion  about our money system, Stacy Mitchell
 (co-director ILSR <http://www.ilsr.org/>) explains how we can strengthen
and rebuild systems of local community banks and credit unions. Find out
how we can create a democratically accountable banking system
ttp://ow.ly/ESirf <http://ow.ly/ESirf>

*Tweet:*

 We need a community-based and accountable banking system responsive to
people's needs. http://ow.ly/ESirf http://ow.ly/i/7Ieb0

 *Hashtag*:

 #NewEconomy

 --
 Noel Ortega
New Economy Coordinator
email: noel at ips-dc.org
www.ips-dc.org
www.NewEconomyWorkingGroup.org
skype: noelortega

 *Institute for Policy Studies — celebrating 50 years of turning ideas
into action!*

Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan