[P2P-F] integrative approach needed for social change

Tue Feb 10 10:59:12 CET 2015

Hi June and Orsan,

I agree it is great when we can focus specifically on these habitual reactions, and bring them out into the open to work on them together. But you can't force that to happen. Sometimes you just have to go with what you have, which means empathising with where they are at, otherwise it becomes a tug of war, which is still war, just without the weapons.

I have found Marshall's Non Violent Communication very helpful in this : http://www.cnvc.org

Anna

Dear someone?

This is very interestingly said. Indeed I agree that were these deep social/emotional "group dynamics" as you say, excavated, validated, and worked on explicitly, the positive power for truly meaningful work and change in our world, would be amazing.   Not least because do this part of the work well, and understanding it is work that has to be done simultaneously to make meaningful change in any truly transformative and lasting way, is much more enjoyable and thus much more appealing for all to join in to do, together.

This relates to what I call the "Human Pleasure Vector of Communication" (HPVofC) concept.   The more you actually do this deeper, essential human work, the more the actual interaction and communication becomes pleasurable for all involved, and makes the rest of the "hard work" far more meaningful, rewarding and literally, more of a joy to do.  People do indeed find all sorts of positive energy that can now, clearing these channels of dissension and pain in human relations, flow so much more freely and powerfully.

But I didn't see any signature from whom this key understanding, was posted by?

Appreciated it, regardless,
June