[P2P-F] Fwd: Growing Doubt: a Scientists' Experience of GMOs

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Aug 31 14:24:59 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jonathan Latham <jrlatham at bioscienceresource.org>
Date: Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 9:12 AM
Subject: Growing Doubt: a Scientists' Experience of GMOs
To: bsr-PROJECT-ELIST1 at gn.apc.org

Dear Friends and Colleagues

Published today (Monday, 31st August, 2015) on *Independent Science News*:

*Growing Doubt: a Scientists' Experience of GMOs*
by Jonathan Latham, PhD

http://www.independentsciencenews.org/health/growing-doubt-a-scientists-experience-of-gmos/

*Synopsis:* I am a scientist who once made and used GMO crops for research.
Twenty years of experience has taught me important lessons about them. One
concerns the lack of scientific integrity of GMO risk assessments. Careful
study of the documents shows that applicants (mostly companies) are gaming
the system in numerous ways; at the same time, government regulators are
allowing them to do so. None of this would matter if GMOs were inherently
safe, but they are not. They even have dangers that are rarely discussed,
even by their critics, but which should be more widely known. These two
understandings have led me to conclude that no GMO currently on the market
would pass an honest risk assessment, even by the rather low standards that
most national regulations and laws require.

Best wishes
Jonathan

Jonathan Latham, PhD
Executive Director
The Bioscience Resource Project
Ithaca, NY 14850 USA

www.independentsciencenews.org
and
www.bioscienceresource.org

jrlatham at bioscienceresource.org
Skype: jonathanlatham2
Tel: 1-607-319-0279

“The conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits
and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic
society. Those who manipulate this unseen mechanism of society
constitute an invisible government which is the true ruling power of
our country.”—Edward Bernays, Propaganda

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/