[P2P-F] Fwd: [foodsovUK discussion list] Pavlos Georgiadis - Greece

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Aug 4 09:23:21 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <anna at shsh.co.uk>
Date: Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 12:49 AM
Subject: Fwd: [foodsovUK discussion list] Pavlos Georgiadis - Greece
To: Michel Bauwens <michel at p2pfoundation.net>, "
networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org" <networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>

Begin forwarded message:

*From:* Tessa Burrington <t.burrington at hotmail.co.uk>
*Date:* 2 August 2015 09:48:29 BST
*To:* "ukfoodgroup at lists.riseup.net" <ukfoodgroup at lists.riseup.net>, "
foodsov.uk.coordination at lists.riseup.net" <
foodsov.uk.coordination at lists.riseup.net>
*Reply-To:* Tessa Burrington <t.burrington at hotmail.co.uk>

I saw this on face book. Can anyone help and support Pavlos and the Greek
people?

"It is time to work out a ‪#‎PlanC‬
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/planc?source=feed_text&story_id=10152900051121105>
for ‪#‎Greece‬
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/greece?source=feed_text&story_id=10152900051121105>.
But this is ‪#‎NotJustAboutGreece‬
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/notjustaboutgreece?source=feed_text&story_id=10152900051121105>.
PM me if you feel you want to be part of this process! ‪#‎Y4FSNCFS‬"
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/y4fsncfs?source=feed_text&story_id=10152900051121105>
Pavlos Georgiadis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVRPqNwFjs

*Published on Jul 31, 2015*

Pavlos Georgiadis (33) is an international, interdisciplinary food systems
researcher, ethnobotanist and social entrepreneur. In this video, he
presents his idea for the creation of an online interactive platform to map
the food system of Greece.
His idea also involves the creation of an innovation cluster of "Food Hubs"
across Greece. These Food Hubs are physical meeting spaces for startups,
social enterprises, investors and food communities, with the aim to
generate opportunities for youth in the food economy.
This idea is #NotJustAboutGreece and can be applied in other countries,
with the purpose of achieving a generational renewal in global agriculture,
ensure food security, spur youth rural/urban entrepreneurship and steward
natural resources.
Twitter: @geopavlos
LinkedIn: <https://gr.linkedin.com/in/geopavlos>
https://gr.linkedin.com/in/geopavlos

?
What do the powers that be have planned for Greek Agriculture?

ARC2020
http://www.arc2020.eu/2015/06/focus-on-greece-with-pavlos-georgiadis/ June
2015

*Despite the potential of our land, Greece now imports the majority of its
food and on average we are the second most obese people in the EU. These
abnormalities are largely attributable to the EU’s Common Agriculture
Policy, which has supported the growth and development of a very narrow
range of large-scale monocultures, almost entirely for export purposes. The
failures of the CAP have had a profound effect not only on our food culture
and agricultural skills, but also on the landscape of the country. In just
three decades, Greece has lost most of its local agricultural varieties and
almost all of its dry land, low-input agriculture was pushed out of the
market. In Crete, a large number of two-thousand-year-old olive trees were
turned into firewood, within a very short period of time.*
<https://gr.linkedin.com/in/geopavlos>

If you don't want to be on this list, send an email to:

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/