[P2P-F] [WSF-Discuss] Slavoj Žižek on Greece: the courage of hopelessness

Orsan Senalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 16:01:17 CEST 2015

Thanks John for this, and apologies from all again, for not avoiding to reflect upon personal negativeness and attacking ideas or thoughts (of Roberto, Zizek and others) instead of providing useful reactions that would contribute to hopefulness.

What I would have liked to say instead or express was the historically increased potential, of course not totally realized yet but surely exist, first time in the long history of human struggle for emancipating from oppressive structures and agencies.

To move forward and turn the tide it is a key to foster and spread positive exchanges on and between hope giving 'practices' -in material,  analytical, institutional, political, cultural, scientific so on senses. It is therefore important also to struggle, within individual, as well as on collective spaces, against those 'thoughts' that are encouraging hopelessness, of those willingly or willingly aim to harvest political and social power out of fear and hopelessness. All could do this out of temporary or structural weaknesses, including myself. So important to stay alert and give positive feedbacks.

In terms of creating, building upon, and growing hope, if thought is courage practice and praxis is where the solution lies. There is no point, and totally destructive to feed in as Zizek does, thoughts against hope giving practices. And suggesting, posing, absolute political and discursive (only mental labour/thought/analysis based) arguments.

In this spirit I think this quote John you make, and your response to it, touches the point I wanted to make. So thanks again!

Best,
Orsan