[P2P-F] Fwd: Melbourne report 2

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Mon Aug 3 10:47:56 CEST 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Darren Sharp <dasharp at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 2:22 PM
Subject: Re: Melbourne Event/s with Michel Bauwens ... a suggestion

Thanks for sharing this David, really great to see this happening so
locally!

On a related note re selecting the appropriate frame to incorporate
Michel's work, I'm involved through my work with Shareable and Social
Surplus, in an ongoing conversation with City of Melbourne and other local
governments about sharing cities:
http://www.shareable.net/blog/challenges-opportunities-of-a-shared-economy-in-melbourne

http://www.shareable.net/cities/melbourne-australia

I've also recently been invited to participate in a research project led by
NESTA (UK) who are developing an international framework for sharing cities.
See here: http://www.nesta.org.uk/blog/8-steps-toward-sharing-city

Melbourne has been selected as one of the 10 most prominent sharing cities
and will be mapped against this emerging framework based on CITIE:
http://citie.org/

ICLEI are also supporting members to consider supporting the Sharing City
approach:
http://worldcongress2015.iclei.org/en/sessions/session-a8-sharing-city-from-ownership-to-access/

I am helping Yarra take their first steps towards this:
http://www.yarracity.vic.gov.au/environment/community-participation/share-yarra/

So the role of the Partner State in supporting the sharing and
collaborative economy is another angle we could potentially pursue.

Regards,
Darren