[P2P-F] a must read essay on the world conjucture

Örsan Şenalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 21:23:25 CEST 2014

Your welcome Michel. Kees has been my first mentor, later Hilary
Wainwright, Peter Waterman and you became the other three in the main
team, and now many more, although none of you knew that :)

However, in terms of critique of global political economy I would
recommend his work to all. I did study classical imperialism, new
imperialism-empire, critical globalisation, global governance, IPE and
IR literature and I can assure all that Kees' work is one of the bests
to understand world historical structures and historical changes in a
most dialectical and dynamic way possible. So I definitely recommend
his entire work to everyone. Most of his work is free access below and
on the net:

https://sussex.academia.edu/KeesVanderPijl

The Uneven and Combined Development of International Historical Sociology
1984 All Over Again. The Snowden NSA Revelations in Perspectivemore
The Financial Crisis and the War for Global Governance

The above three are the most recent articles from 2014 and are
brilliantly sheding light to what is happening today. Here is our very
recent interview with Kees:
http://transform-network.net/blog/blog-2014/news/detail/Blog/global-rivalries-today-interview-with-kees-van-der-pijl.html

and I recommend my review of his 2007, Nomads, Empires, States: Modes
of Foreign Relations and Political Economy Volume 1, as a parallel
read:  [https://www.academia.edu/5445572/Modes_of_Foreign_Relations_vs_Uneven_and_Combined_Development_The_Marxist_Legacy_and_Relations_between_and_within_Alienated_Societies]