[P2P-F] Fwd: Tuesday 30th September | Drinks | Bigger Boat for Open Government | RSVP

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Sep 2 18:22:40 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ben Metz <mail at benmetz.org>
Date: Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 3:16 PM
Subject: Tuesday 30th September | Drinks | Bigger Boat for Open Government
| RSVP

Dear all,

I am emailing to invite you to the first in a series of informal drinks to
explore what is happening in the field of participatory approaches to
governance of the public realm.  As you will know, from our interaction,
this is the focus of the Bigger Boat for Open Government project that I
have been engaged with over the last few months.

Kindly hosted by Jericho Chambers <http://www.jerichochambers.com/> we'll
meet between 6 and 9 on Tuesday 30th September for informal drinks and
conversations on the subject of open government.  If appropriate we might
hear from one or two of the attendees about their work in the field as well
as a summary of the interim findings from the Bigger Boat project.  We'll
be hosted by the project chairs Danny Kruger and Neal Lawson.

Overall, the purpose of these drinks is to explore the possibilities for
collaboration between different actors in the field (tech folk, civil
society actors, funders, etc.) and over time to support these
collaborations in more in depth ways as Bigger Boat develops.

So - 6 - 9pm at Jericho Chambers, 12a Charterhouse Square (on the corner of
Rutland Place), London EC1M 6AX.  (link to map here
<https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/12+Charterhouse+Square,+London+EC1M/@51.5211744,-0.099113,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x48761b56bb3123eb:0x2deef1c806adf2da>).
 Nearest tubes are Barbican and Farringdon.

Please RSVP to me to confirm your attendance.

best

Ben Metz

www.benmetz.org
www.biggerboat.org

e - mail at benmetz.org
t +44 (0)7961 373 385
s - blmetz
t - @benmetz

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/