[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] GLOBAL THUNDERCLAP INTERFERENCE: TODAY IS 7 OCTOBER HAPPY ‘WORLD DECENTWORK DAY” TUC YOU

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Oct 7 11:55:40 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 7, 2014 at 4:46 PM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] GLOBAL THUNDERCLAP INTERFERENCE: TODAY IS 7
OCTOBER HAPPY ‘WORLD DECENTWORK DAY” TUC YOU
To: squares <squares at lists.takethesquare.net>, "transcollab at lists.so36.net"
<transcollab at lists.so36.net>, "<networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>" <
networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>, Discussion list about the WSF <
WorldSocialForum-Discuss at openspaceforum.net>

Today is 7 october ‘World Decent Work” day, and we will celebrate the world
decent work day of the masses of unemployed and hopless, who are now being
sold to companies not only for free but with monetary awards paid with
peoples money for being very nice and polite by accepting and letting
slaves do some stuff in their plantations and develop themselves. Our
special present goes for TUC, a ‘traade’ unino that backs up this corporate
scam in the UK, letes have some fun about such a ‘decent work’ ideas.

Here is the Global Union, IndustriALL launches social media campaign
“STOPrecariousWork’

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/16472-stop-precarious-work?locale=en

And this is the website of the Boycott Workfare campaign in the UK,
fingering the antinomy of TUC which declared very recently its support to
the free labour / workfare benefit scheme in the UK:
http://www.boycottworkfare.org

Anyone like to join to our spontaneous Interference action to the
‘#STOPrecariousWork’ twitter campaign, aiming to ridicule and address the
antinomies of TUC, as well as similar union and left party positions in
backing up such slavery schemes, we invite you all to create an
interference to the IndustriALL campaign using hashtag #boycottWorkfare,
linking global trends and important issues and mobilisations going on
around the world, like #OccupyHK, #occupyKobane, #direnKobane through the
tweets you send.

During the day we will be using a collective pad to produce and shaer
creative and multi lingual tweet samples, in order to help others:
https://titanpad.com/stoppreariousworkinterference

Join the action!

Campaign Tag: #STOPrecariouswork[image: image]
<https://gnunion.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/image1.jpg>

Interference Tag: #BoycottWorkfare
[BoycottWorkfare is also the name of the campaign in the UK, that is
portesting TUC's support for Workfare regime]

> On 06 Oct 2014, at 11:36, Martin Mair <mm at mediaweb.at> wrote:
>

> Please support and spread!
>
> Martin Mair
> Active Unemployed Austria
> http://www.aktive-arbeitslose.at
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------  Betreff: [boycott-workfare-announcements]
> Day 1 online action: Challenge the TUC’s support for workfare  Datum: Mon,
> 6 Oct 2014 07:17:29 +0100  Von: Boycott Workfare
> <info at boycottworkfare.org> <info at boycottworkfare.org>  Antwort an: Boycott
> Workfare <info at boycottworkfare.org> <info at boycottworkfare.org>  An:
> boycott-workfare-announcements at lists.riseup.net
>  Take action: Challenge the TUC’s support for workfare
> <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=3782> *Posted:* October 6th, 2014 |
> *Author:* editor <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?author=1> | *Filed
> under:* Call to action <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?cat=3>, Unions
> <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?cat=4> | *Modify:* Edit This
> <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=3782&action=edit>
>  | No Comments » <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=3782#respond>
>
> [image: traineeships]
> <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/traineeships.jpg>*Challenge
> the TUC’s support for workfare, on the first day of online action for
> the Boycott Workfare week of action
> <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=3736>. *
>
> On 1 August 2014, the Trade Union Congress (TUC) made a joint statement
> <http://www.tuc.org.uk/industrial-issues/skills-policy/tuc-and-cbi-agree-joint-statement-traineeships> with
> Confederation of British Industries (CBI) to back Traineeships for 16-23
> year olds and “show support” for the businesses that benefit from the
> unpaid labour on this scheme.
>
> Traineeships involve training and “work placements” for up to six months
> <https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/279752/operational_traineeship_supplementary_information.pdf> –
> all unpaid. The TUC’s Assistant General Secretary Paul Nowak
> <http://www.tuc.org.uk/industrial-issues/skills-policy/tuc-and-cbi-agree-joint-statement-traineeships> hails
> Traineeships as “an important first step towards the world of work”. But in
> giving a green light to a new layer of unpaid work in the economy, the TUC
> is in fact helping to shrink opportunities for young people, undermine the
> going rate, and replace paid work with workfare.
>
> Traineeships mean that young people are now expected to work unpaid for
> six months <http://www.boycottworkfare.org/?p=2681> before even
> qualifying for an interview for an apprenticeship. The lucky few who make
> it through the interview can look forward to a minimum wage of £2.73 an
> hour, as an apprentice.
>
> [image: TUC A5 Protest]
>
> If a young person does not take part in the training, they face punitive
> sanctions. The work placement segment itself may not be backed with the
> [...]

Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/