[P2P-F] Fwd: [opennetcoalition] La Quadrature du Net Gaining in Strength!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Mar 28 20:19:30 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: La Quadrature du Net <contact at laquadrature.net>
Date: Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 6:27 AM
Subject: [opennetcoalition] La Quadrature du Net Gaining in Strength!
To: opennetcoalition at laquadrature.net

Themes: LA QUADRATURE DU NET

La Quadrature du Net - For immediate release

Permanent link:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/la-quadrature-du-net-gaining-in-strength

La Quadrature du Net Gaining in Strength!

*** Paris, 28 March 2014 -- La Quadrature du Net is delighted to welcome
Adrienne Charmet-Alix to the operational team as campaign manager and Jean
Cattan, Laurent Chemla and Laurence Vandewalle as new members to its
strategic directions council. With these reinforcements and the continued
support of citizens, La Quadrature du Net is ready to overcome all
obstacles in the defence of rights and freedoms in the digital sphere. ***

Historian by training, Adrienne Charmet-Alix joins us from Wikimedia France
where she was Director of Programmes since 2011. She brings with her
extensive experience of volunteer mobilisation, communication with the
public and institutions, and of working in an international context. She
will join the operational team on 22 April. For years Adrienne has followed
the actions of La Quadrature. With her on board, we hope to extend the
reach of our actions, and communicate and engage with a wider public. On
the other hand, Arthur Messaud, who has been a pivotal member of the
operational team for more than a year, is leaving at the end of March and
we thank him warmly for all the work he accomplished.

The strategic directions council of La Quadrature, already bolstered by the
presence of Jérémie Zimmermann freed from his operational duties, will now
be further enriched by three new members and we are grateful that they have
accepted this voluntary position:
    - Jean Cattan, holds a Ph.D. in Public Law and has participated in La
Quadrature's legal reflections and actions for a long time already;
    - Laurent Chemla is the founder of GANDI, a domain name registrar and
cloud hosting company. He was also one of the pioneers in the defence of
digital freedoms and today runs a couple of projects [1] to increase user
independence;
    - Laurence Vandewalle, political advisor to the European Parliament for
13 years with extensive experience of digital policies, software patents
and copyright reform.

"We warmly welcome Adrienne Charmet-Alix to the operational team and the
three new members to the strategic directions council, Jean Cattan, Laurent
Chemla et Laurence Vandewalle. We look forward to working with them and
call on all of you to participate [2] in our actions and support [3] our
efforts to protect online freedoms and rights" concluded Philippe Aigrain,
co-founder of La Quadrature du Net.

* References *

1.
http://www.caliop.net/is-email-dead-surveillance-inevitable-introducing-project-caliop/

2. https://www.laquadrature.net/en/panel-participer

3. https://support.laquadrature.net/

** About La Quadrature du Net **

La Quadrature du Net is an advocacy group that defends the rights and
freedoms of citizens on the Internet. More specifically, it advocates for
the adaptation of French and European legislations to respect the founding
principles of the Internet, most notably the free circulation of knowledge.

In addition to its advocacy work, the group also aims to foster a better
understanding of legislative processes among citizens. Through specific and
pertinent information and tools, La Quadrature du Net hopes to encourage
citizens' participation in the public debate on rights and freedoms in the
digital age.

La Quadrature du Net is supported by French, European and international
NGOs including the Electronic Frontier Foundation, the Open Society
Institute and Privacy International.

List of supporting organisations:
https://www.laquadrature.net/en/they-support-la-quadrature-du-net

** Press contact and press room **

contact at laquadrature.net, +33 (0) 972 294 426

https://www.laquadrature.net/en/press-room

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/