[P2P-F] Fwd: How do the powerful get the idea that they 'deserve' more? Lessons from the... laboratory

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Mar 22 16:09:49 CET 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Crowl <culturalengineer at gmail.com>
Date: Sat, Mar 22, 2014 at 7:38 AM
Subject: How do the powerful get the idea that they 'deserve' more? Lessons
from the... laboratory

Of interest:

*How do the powerful get the idea that they 'deserve' more? Lessons from
the... laboratory*<http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/2014/03/21/how-do-the-powerful-get-the-idea-that-they-deserve-more-lessons-from-a-laboratory/>
by Yanis Varoufakis

A quote from the piece:
"The explanation of how real power evolves, and what makes it sustainable,
is to be found in the mind, and the beliefs, of the majority of the
disadvantaged who succumb to the  ideological belief that they are entitled
to less than the advantaged."

*There are no perfect solutions for this ongoing dilemma... but there are
approaches for handling it... and the inevitable collapse it produces..*

A broadly available and easy to use micropayment is a necessary part of
changing that self-perception. *And niche utilities like Kachingle and
Flattr won't ever be able to do it. *This is an industry wide
responsibility easily fulfilled but requiring the participation of both the
Internet and banking sectors.... both of whom seem to have little vision or
sense of their necessary roles.... or any interest in hearing about it. I'd
like them to re-think this self-satisfied non-involvement.

*The "monied Like button" - a speech-related micropayment vehicle designed
especially for volume solicitations and an open ecosystem*
https://www.newschallenge.org/challenge/2014/submissions/the-monied-like-button-a-micropayment-vehicle-designed-for-an-open-ecosystem-rather-than-the-micropayment-used-on-closed-systems-like-googleplay-or-itunes

Regards,

*Tom Crowl*
http://CulturalEngineer.blogspot.com

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/