[P2P-F] P2PF issue based blogs

Marco Giustini info at marcogiustini.info
Sun Mar 16 07:05:18 CET 2014

On 2014-03-15 20:40 GMT+01:00 Kevin Flanagan <kevin at p2pfoundation.net>:

> Hi Marco,
>
> I take it you are probably a little frustrated with the pace at which the
> site development has been moving.

I'm aware that the core group of developers is very little and with no
sufficient time to work on redeveloping now.

> The plan for the redeveloped blog is that (....)

As I understood you want to put all the features on the
p2pfoundation.netdomain, so
p2pf.net domain actually have no role in this redeveloping.

Actually you have p2p encyclopedia hosted on main domain,
p2pfoundation.netand blog on a subdomain of it. To develop a more
complex infrastructure
than the actual blog, as you described before, could be useful to separate
the p2p encyclopedia from the p2p blog. I mean each with his own domain,
hosting wordpress instead on p2pfoundation.net domain on p2pf.net one.

But this could be dangerous in terms of SEO. Is needed to ask a SEO expert
if is possible to move the blog from "blog.p2pfoundation.net" to "p2pf.net"
without loosing search engines' positioning for blog. If is possible to
redirect contents to new links without losing SEO positioning, could be an
idea to move all the blog on p2pf.net domain.

The p2pf.net domain is not associated in any way with P2P Foundation,  so I
could try to make an experimental "unofficial" multiblog with some of the
features you wish in the future use for the p2pfoundation.net blog and when
the infrastructure is ready, you could decide what to do.

Let me know.