[P2P-F] Call for Participation: P2PValue DataJam

Kevin Flanagan kev.flanagan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 17:29:08 CET 2014

Friends and Peers,

Wednesday March 12th we will launch the P2PValue Directory of Commons Based
Peer Production. http://directory.p2pvalue.eu

The P2Pvalue directory currently holds more than a hundred cases of CBPP
(Community Based Peer Production) such as Wikipedia, Free Software
communities, platforms for collective research, citizen journalism, peer to
peer financing, hackerspaces etc.

To celebrate the launch we will be hosting a P2PValue Data Jam, a
collective effort do populate the directory and document as many examples
of CBPP as possible.

The directory will serve as a valuable tool for researchers in the
expanding field of CBPP. The data contributed to the directory is published
with an open license and accessible through our API or for downloaded in
various formats.

We warmly invite you, peers, commoners to join us on March 12th for the
P2PValue Data Jam.

========================
Hosting a local Data Jam
========================

The world of CBPP is rich in diversity with projects all over the world, we
want the directory to reflect this. So wherever you are, why not host a get
together for the Data Jam. A local Data Jam can be as big or small as you
like. You can of course contribute alone but it's better with friends, all
you need is a comfortable place with Internet access, this could be at
home, a cafe, your workplace or university and don't forget the snacks.

We have a public mailing list for planning and coordinating the days
events. Sign up and say hello, don't be shy.

http://lists.p2pvalue.eu/wws/info/datajam

Over the coming week we will be putting the finishing touches on the
directory, publishing a how-to video, scheduling hangouts and organising
teams. We'd love for you to join us.

Please help spread the word and share this announcement in whatever ways
you can. We are using the hash tags #P2PDATAJAM and #P2PVALUE

==============================
==
For more information on P2PValue

http://www.p2pvalue.eu/
http://directory.p2pvalue.eu/
http://twitter.com/p2pvalue follow the hash tags #P2PDATAJAM #P2PVALUE

The P2P Data Jam Coordination Team are -

Ruben Matinez (IGOPnet) ruben at leyseca.net @RubenMartinez
David Rozas (University of Surrey) davidrozas at gmail.com @drozas
Kevin Flanagan (P2P Foundation) kevin at p2pvalue.eu @flgnk

Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions.