[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Rethinking Labour as a Network-Movement

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Jun 27 05:48:09 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Örsan Şenalp <orsan1234 at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 11:37 AM
Subject: [Networkedlabour] Rethinking Labour as a Network-Movement
To: "networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org" <networkedlabour at lists.contrast.org>,
CRITICAL-LABOUR-STUDIES at jiscmail.ac.uk

new blog-post, worthy to share here:

http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2014/06/20/rethinking-labour-as-a-network-movement/

Very recently valuable and concrete reflections are being published,
filling in the public understanding of the nature and dynamics of the
most-recent social and emancipatory uprisings, known also as Global
Revolution. The recent articles written by Bernardo Gutiérrez
<http://www.tni.org/article/network-movements-and-new-social-atmosphere>
 and Rodrigo Nunes
<http://www.metamute.org/editorial/books/organisation-organisationless-collective-action-after-networks>,
both involved in the 15M, Occupy, Gezi, and Brazilian uprisings and were
systematically putting their self-reflections together in wider framework
of a collaborative action-research network also named as Global Revolution
<http://www.uoc.edu/portal/en/sala-de-premsa/actualitat/noticies/2013/noticia_173/global-revolution.html#res_list>,
are
highly informative and pedagogic. They explain masterfully why
transnational ‘organization’ of the global ‘revolution’ is qualitatively
different then what we have understood from traditional use of the concepts
of ‘organization’ and ‘revolution’. Another important resource was produced
by Adrià Rodriguez
<http://www.slideshare.net/AdriRodriguez1?utm_campaign=profiletracking&utm_medium=sssite&utm_source=ssslideview>
who
have also been very active in 15M, as well as other ‘network movements’
since 201-11, and linked to the Global Revolution Research Network.

I have been involved -though more directly- in Occupy, Take The Square and
Gezi movements/networks, as well, and also linked to Bernardo, Rodrigo and
Adria online, while on the other hand was trying to develop a new
understanding of the emergent new labour class movement. My work at Social
Network Unionism  <http://snuproject.wordpress.com/>and  Networked Labour
<http://www.networkedlabour.net/> blog/networks have been heavily owing to
the previous work done by people like Peter Waterman, Hilary Wainwright,
Marco Berlinguer, Mayo Fuster and others they have been collaborating
around the Networked Politics <http://www.networked-politics.info/>
initiative. Below
papers and reports are ones that I published on various digital spaces
since 2011 uprisings. Now it seems worthy to put them together in
a chronological order and reproduce once more:

May 2014, Transnational networks of radical labour research and (h)activism
<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/in-the-making-of-a-global-working-class/>

March 2013, Another World Now! The coming of the Transnational Revolutions
and the Networked Prince
<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/another-world-now-2/>

February 2013, Global unionism: the peer to peer model
<http://newunionism.wordpress.com/2013/02/20/global-unionism-the-p2p-model/>

October 2012, The Dramatic Rise of Peer-to-Peer Communication within the
emancipatory movements
<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2014/06/13/the-dramatic-rise-of-peer-to-peer-communication-within-the-emancipatory-movements-reflections-of-an-international-labour-social-justice-and-cyber-activist-2/>

August 2012, Organizing, P2P Networking, and Mapping of the Production
Process by the Workers: an Argument for a ‘New Unionism 2.0′
<http://snuproject.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/organizing-social-networking-and-mapping-of-the-production-process-by-the-workers-an-argument-for-a-new-unionism-2-0/>

August 2011, Global class warfare and the rEvolutionary working-class agency
<http://www.networkedlabour.net/2014/06/global-class-warfare-and-the-p2p-revolutionary-working-class-agency-by-orsan-senalp-22-08-2011-the-new-significance/>

Though I was not directly linked to, nor collaborated with the work done
around the Global Revolution research collaboration, since I simply was not
aware of it during the heavy tempo of practice of actively, socially and
politically making use of the social networking technologies that enabled
and aggregated the new collective political practices. However being part
of the same praxis, of such network-movements, and reading these recent
publications, I have come to realise that there has been remarkable
overlapping and similarity between my approach and Global Revolution
research-action, especially when when it comes to thinking of the new
ontology and epistemology of the emerging p2p networked-movements.

*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/