[P2P-F] Fwd: Reminder: Mutual Aid Networks: Redesigning Work Workshop Wed. June 25, 4-6 Central Library

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jun 24 19:16:38 CEST 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephanie Rearick <steph at stephanierearick.com>
Date: Mon, Jun 23, 2014 at 11:19 PM
Subject: Reminder: Mutual Aid Networks: Redesigning Work Workshop Wed. June
25, 4-6 Central Library
To: Stephanie Rearick <steph at uvulittle.com>

Hello!

We'll be hosting a workshop this Wednesday to discuss the potential of the
new Mutual Aid Network framework we're developing, and how we can apply it
in our own locations and support each other in doing so. I'd love to have a
healthy variety of perspectives and you all have a lot to contribute. I'm
also hoping you can help spread the word to others you think would be
interested. Activists, thinkers, journalists, co-opers, credit union folks,
community development folks, techies, whoever you think should be there.
Please invite anyone you think might be interested.

If you'd like to join online instructions are at bottom. We'll be using
gotomeeting, which you can download for free. Try a little early because
it'll take a few minutes.

I hope you can make it!
thanks

Take care
Stephanie

*Builders' Workshops *building regenerative community economies

*workshop series by Time for the World, project of Dane County TimeBank*

Builders Workshop #16

*Building a MAN: How Mutual Aid Networks can redesign work and build a
regenerative economy*

*Wednesday June 25, 4-6pm, Madison Central Library 3rd floor Community
Room** 201
W. Mifflin*

Timebanking is great at building our core economy of caregiving,
creativity, civic engagement and community building. Now we're learning
ways to connect it with other tools of mutual aid - cooperative saving and
investment pools, price-based mutual credit, shared resources and
cooperative ownership. We want to connect those kinds of resources in a
comprehensive network that can fund projects and people working to improve
the community.

These budding networks are called Mutual Aid Networks and are the
brainchild of Time For the World <http://timeftw.org/>, a team and project
originating in the Dane County TimeBank <http://danecountytimebank.org/>.

Time For the World Co-Coordinators Stephanie Rearick and Chris Petit are
fresh from a tour of potential MAN pilot sites and new economy conferences
and will present their learning and progress at Builders Workshop #16 -
Building a MAN: How Mutual Aid Networks can redesign work and build a
regenerative economy. We'll discuss how this can be applied to meet various
local goals, and take steps forward in building our own local MAN(s).

If you would like to join remotely please see instructions at bottom of
this message.

*BACKGROUND:*

Builders' Workshops are a learning and leadership building journey hosted
by The Dane County TimeBank, our local mutual credit time exchange
http://danecountytimebank.org and Build For the World, our project to learn
from and share what we're doing with communities working on similar efforts
around the world http://BuildFTW.org.

At eight years old and over 2500 members, the Dane County TimeBank uses
timebanking to facilitate several projects that have positive impacts on
common social ills. From the TimeBank Youth Court's creation of
neighborhood-based safety nets that keep kids out of the juvenile justice
system, to our wellness and disability inclusion projects, to the Allied
Community Coop where we're working with other neighborhood organizations to
create a new model for community health on Allied Drive, we're showing how
timebanking can be an integral part of creating a better world. And we're
sharing our learning in a global network of mutual support.

*http://danecountyTimeBank.org <http://danecountyTimeBank.org/>*

*http://BuildFTW.org <http://BuildFTW.org/>*

*http://timeftw.org <http://timeftw.org/>*

***FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT DANE COUNTY TIMEBANK DIRECTOR STEPHANIE
REARICK AT (608) 663-0400 or steph at stephanierearick.com ***

####
*Online Meeting access instructions:*
1. Please join my meeting.
https://global.gotomeeting.com/meeting/join/381362061
2. Use your microphone and speakers (VoIP) - a headset is recommended. Or,
call in using your telephone.
Canada: +1 (647) 497-9350
Finland: +358 (0) 931 58 1746
France: +33 (0) 170 950 593
Germany: +49 (0) 811 8899 6900
Netherlands: +31 (0) 208 908 267
New Zealand: +64 (0) 9 442 7358
United Kingdom: +44 20 3535 0611
United States: +1 (773) 945-1031
Access Code: 381-362-061
Meeting ID:381-362-061
GoToMeeting
Online-Meetings made easy

Not at your computer? Click the link to join this meeting from your
iPhone®, iPad® or Android® device via the GoToMeeting app.

--
Stephanie Rearick
steph at stephanierearick.com
+1.608.443.8229

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/