[P2P-F] [P2P-es] P2P dual language - en dos idiomas

Örsan Şenalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:14:37 CEST 2014

This is Democracy Now talking with Stiglizt, Michel just shared also
on facebook:
http://www.democracynow.org/2014/7/17/nobel_economist_joseph_stiglitz_hails_new
listening Stiglizt, under the light of Warks' chapter on class, as
well as abstraction and education (Stiglitz's new book's title is
about building a learning society), reminded me the Kautsky-Lenin
debate on ultra-imperialism. Kautsk, as you may know, was infamously
defending the thesis of imperialism being policy, and he highlighted
the 'peace prone' nature of the ultra capitalists operating world wide
their imperialist policies. Therefore their rule could have been more
peaceful for all, since it needed secure financial environments, so
even workers and other dominated/ruled classes would find that a
preferred situation. Lenin of course attacked him fiercely, doing so
he also developed and promoted his own counter thesis saying that
imperialism was structurally and objectively new stage in the
historical and material development path of capitalist mode of
production. Very briefly after Kautsky's put forward his thesis the
world war started, so debate ended there for a moment.

To be clear, I do not compare Michel's position on transition with
Kautksy at all, yet there are links to look at. So, instead I like to
identify and share a vital strategical pattern that occurs in the
history of intra-class warfare. Which gets worse in times of organic
or terminal crises followed by geographical power shifts (Arrighi
tells in detail of this).

The fact that in times of big crisis like this one, historically
founded political positions of capitalist class fractions gets, and
appears very complicated. Because of the transnational nature of the
struggles taking place and political elite interference. So that,
conservative old-boys from one country, that are trying to prevent the
existing hierarchies and statue-quo at the global level could engage
with the liberal new comers that tries to takeover the commanding
heights on the ruling class ladder in one national context. And vice e
verse, globally operating new giants, could enter alliances with
traditional elite being about to dispossess from power and wealth in
his garbage. At every national context states loses relativity and
loses its 'democratic' legitimacy.

I agree with Wark on that, today there is a newly emerging class
fraction (he calls Vectoral class -around Silicon Valley like spaces
and Google, Facebook, Twitter kind of corporate entities), that
threatens the old boys industrialist capitalists every where and in
every domain/sector. Since they are increasingly able to dis-connect
from their rivals' networks and re-connect to its lower level
valorization cycles, which gives this class structural advantages.
However they are not holding yet stronger positions in the state(s).
Sending Google's Eric Schimit from Egypt to South Korea for instance,
is about getting hold on power in states to be emerged after 'velvet
revolutions'.. so this is kind of a process we see everywhere .

Now, listening Rifkin's and Stiglizt's redefined and rewritten
positions, one can clearly see their move-away from the new-green
keynesianism concept to the distributed-netarchical (end of-)
capitalism discourse. Rifkin takes the role of linking up with the
vectoral class interest, and Stiglitz interlocks keynesian liberals'
interest resulting in a syntetic abstraction. However the
approximation of Al Gore-Soros-Clinton-Gates line of liberal
transnational capitalist class fractions to the vectoral class
position only signifies the letter's increasing power and formers
decline. Conservatives after moving in with 9/11, Afghanistan, Iraq,
Libya, Syria, .... gained ground by 'real politization' of the global
chess board. The competition between Facebook, Google, Apple so on has
been giving mixed signals about their choice of alignment yet the
balance is by now by far slided to the direction of liberal capital
and vectoral capital's marriage (fuse / and political alliances). The
nature of the PRISM, is thoughtful in this sense.

This picture needs to be analysed for other countries, as well as
transnational interactions forming the global level: where Chinese, or
BRICs in general are going, how and which partnerships, interlocking
directories so on are operating along these intra-ruling class
struggles implies for the general balance between liberal-vectoral
class alliance against conservative old-boys, that are pushing and
being pushed to launch corrective-wars every where.
As Kautsk's position is proven to be wrong, alignment of progressive
left forces would push the war prone conservatives to the corner and
make the global war real, in my opinion. Although one might suggest it
didn't work, because it didn't happen or it was too late, or the
conditions today are different...  I am not sure on that.

In essence Kautsky's idea bear the possible alliances with emerging
financial capital -as the most liberal and pacific ruling class
fraction, which was obvious and repeated in the work of Negri for
instance. And many progressive NGOs and left alliances today openly
pursue this politics.

However scary is the upcoming wars, and disasters, for the upper
classes its destruction was and always have been far from higher
classes, the elite so on. To form as broader as possible and as
inclusive as (also from higher levels, different ideological sphares)
alliance, we do not need to engage in these kind of ruling class
driven thinkers and their thinking, i believe. It is unnecessary. Yet
I agree that it is essentially important to follow, understand and
engage with the emerging discourse, share and openly reflect about
these, while we assertively criticise them.

Another practical  problematic, would be -much more destructive to
such valuable efforts and networking- are the secret and suspicious
networking and cooptation activities pursued by the netarchical
environment these people grew out. So getting in touch with one of
such elite, would leave very difficult to restore conspiracies dirt on
anybody.

just continuing with the brain storming..