[P2P-F] letter from layne

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jul 8 00:47:40 CEST 2014

To Bernardo and Group from One of the P2P Foundation "Yes Men,"

Dear group, I am one of the “Yes Men” which has been referred to in this
slanderous, and disgusting, tirade against Michel. Michel has defended
himself effectively, and I need not add. He is perfectly capable of taking
care of himself. For myself, I work with people from villages to
governments to boardrooms; on simple technologies to technologies related
to national systems and energy security. In fact, I live in a village, part
of the year. At other times, I am with people that you would easily
recognize in the media. I need not go into that as most of you know me.
However, apparently Bernardo doesn’t do his homework and feels perfectly
competent at making blanket statements about Michel, the P2P Foundation,
and Michel’s sycophants. In other topics in the email thread, he clearly
has no idea of which he speaks. My warning to Bernardo is that if you do
not stop this, your reputation, whatever one you have, will be in jeopardy
from peer review.

I know that in all groups of talented people there will be tensions,
perhaps struggles, but never, ever, serious battles and no wars. In such
groups, there will be, at time, catharsis. Michel’s words are not rhetoric,
the tirade is heavy with Stalinism. We at P2P Foundation do not adhere to
that, and we can defend ourselves without resorting to such filth. As for
the threats of exposing the emails or internal documents, this is something
Bernardo believes to be a serious issue, but frankly, since I work in
public, I see such releases as healthy. Such release is not going to
neutralize Michel or P2PF. We at P2P Foundation will go on with our work
and be the better for any critique.

Speaking to Bernardo, however, if you do that, it will be the end of your
work for a long while, simply due to the open nature of peer review and
your slander.

Clearly you care and are talented or you wouldn’t be here, and I want to
urge you to reconsider your posts in the email thread, which we in the
thread were under the impression to be discussing work on Chile and Greece.
Please do tell us this is a cathartic moment in FLOK and words have gotten
out of control.

I hope that some resolution can be found,

Layne

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/