[P2P-F] an evaluation of the flok

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Mon Jul 7 22:03:13 CEST 2014

Not surprisingly Andreas i agree with you 100%.

Everyone should bear in mind that the originators of this ill guided fiasco were spaniards by citizenship. NOT ecuadorans. Michel was summoned by daniel to quito.  Met carlos via a teleconference and then announced to the world that the government of ecuador had asked for his help and would use the folk society to develop a plan to revision the ecuadoran state along the lines of a peer2peer commons.  They had the promise of funding from three government entities but if you look at david bolliers announcement on i think sept 20 it was stated that the government of the country was behind the reform.  That was certainly my impression. I did not do any due diligence until far too late

Michel undoubtedly HOPED it was the truth but it was NOT.  because it has been pointed out that daniel and bernardo are now negotiating within he presidents office for further support for the folk and on another public list michel and bernardo have lowered their level of hostilities and bernardo offered a CV of his non psychopathic background. [see the paste in below.]

But ecuador despite the fact that correa has redistributed some wealth and gives sanctuary to assange is NOT a pretty place  as i learned when having gotten daniels boot in my face i started doing my own research.  I had relied on michel's opinion that this was a country sincerely interested in reform and like a too trusting fool barged right in trying to help.  That a spaniard should have budgetary authority in quito is bizarre but thanks to cores promoteo program it represents ecuadoran reality.

evidently I was being referred to as a CIA agent neo con etc and michel has publicly stated that he delayed looking at my policy draft for six weeks because of this.  I continually complained to him that i was working in the dark and got tired of having it be this way.  And yet he never said gordon things are pretty bizarre down here they are saying you are some   kind of foreign agent and your work is not to be trusted.  Had he done so i would have withdrawn then. I said to him as late as about april 20th i quit.  he very politely encouraged me not to quit… said my work was really needed.  Why would he not tell me what was really going on?  Probably because  doing so would damage his own position.  And the promise of reward and followup projects that were being held out to him along with the possibility of punishment.  NO money.

in my long report
http://www.cookreport.com/pdfs/July-augCRecuadorfinal.pdf

I reached a similar conclusion that, although he tried to build some links to the "people," it was essentially top down and foreign imposed.  Michel points out that the seven foreign researchers were supposed to be joined by seven ecuadorians, but gosh…looks like the money wasn't in the budget.  I suggest reading bethany horns report on the indigenous peoples under correa and then the amazon watch report on the yasuni and the interamerican and amazon watch reports on the chinese loans that are keeping correa afloat.

and now on the spanish p2p list after parting ways with bernardo we have this