[P2P-F] Fwd: Kosmos Newsletter: A Steady Increase in World Protests

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Jan 14 01:45:03 CET 2014

hi Kevin,

can you access the protest article, it doesn't work for me,

From: Nancy Roof <nancy at kosmosjournal.org>
Date: Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 8:22 PM
Subject: Kosmos Newsletter: A Steady Increase in World Protests
To: Recipient <michelsub2004 at gmail.com>

         Kosmos Newsletter
* Creating the New Civilization for the Common Good  *
January 9, 2014

<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515211>

*SUBSCRIBE: print
<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515212>
or digital
<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515213>
Buy current issue here
<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515214>*
 Dear Kosmos Friends,

I miss John O’Donohue.

He was my inspiration for the beauty that you see in *Kosmos*. His words
continue to echo in all that we are about. If you have not read "Beauty:
The Invisible Embrace," it will be a gift to treasure and inspire you in
2014.

* "Beauty does not linger, it only visits. Yet beauty's visitation affects
us and invites us into its rhythm, it calls us to feel, think, and act
beautifully in the world: to create and live a life that awakens the
Beautiful.”*

While the world continues to deconstruct, we are grateful for all our
contributors and readers that have seen the vision of an emerging beautiful
beginning for the whole world and who have the courage to take action to
make it a reality.

Warmly,

Nancy  <http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515215>
A NEW BEGINNING

  *FOR A NEW BEGINNING*
By John O'Donohue

We offer this poem in remembrance of one of our favorite contributors, John
O'Donohue.

*In out-of-the-way places of the heart, Where your thoughts never think to
wander, This beginning has been quietly forming, Waiting until you were
ready to emerge.*

Read For a New Beginning<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515215>…

<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515216>
WORLD PROTESTS

  *A STEADY INCREASE IN WORLD PROTESTS*
By Isabel Ortiz, Sara Burke, Mohamed Berrada, Hernán Cortés

This September 2013 study analyzes 843 protests occurring between January
2006 and July 2013 in 87 countries covering over 90% of the world's
population. The paper focuses on: (i) major grievances driving world
protests, (ii) who is demonstrating, what protest methods they use, and who
are they opposed to, (iii) achievements and repression of social movements
in the short term, and (iv) the main policy demands of world demonstrators.

Read World Protests 2006-2013 Executive
Summary<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515216>....
 <http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515217>
A SILENT PROTEST
  *KOSMOS FEATURE: WHAT IS A SILENT PROTEST?*
By Marisa Handler

“We cannot wait until we are enlightened,” says Marisa, in her compelling
Kosmos article *Alms Bowl Upside Down*. “I have participated in countless
demonstrations, sung and spoken over numerous loudspeakers, and handed out
scores of flyers. But this time was different. Typically those who aren’t
with us avoid us: passers-by chatter determinedly into their cellphones as
they advance, shake their heads vociferously at flyers, veer around us. But
this time it was as if our silence was contagious. Conversations died on
lips…”

Read Alms Bowl Upside
Down<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515217>...

*Find us here:*

<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515218>

<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515219>
   <http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515220>
*Share this email:*

<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515221>

<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515222>

*Please forward to your friends.*

*aesthetic wisdom award-winning photography 80 evocative pages | no
advertisements *

*Kosmos Journal is a non-profit, private foundation that informs, inspires,
engages and connects individuals and organizations working to create a
sustainable, equitable, just and compassionate new world civilization. *

If you received this email from a friend, you can subscribe to this free
newsletter here<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515223>.

     Visit the Kosmos
Website<http://www.kosmosjournal.org/CampaignProcess.aspx?A=Link&VID=50108458&KID=197611&LID=515224>

Kosmos Associates Inc. | PO Box 2102 | Lenox | MA | 01240

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/