[P2P-F] Fwd: Worldwide events on The Day We Fight Back

Karl Robillard krobillard at san.rr.com
Sat Feb 8 00:11:05 CET 2014

On Friday, February 07, 2014 04:07:01 PM Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> Anyone in the P2P community here organising events we can promote on the
> day?
>
> Kevin

This is the first I've heard about it.

What I find amazingly strange is that groups like "The Day We Fight Back" are
entirely against government tracking of internet users, but then go out of
their way to drive traffic to the corporate social media sites like Facebook
which is probably the largest social database available for government data
mining.

For some reason, the P2P Foundation does the same.  I agree with Eben Moglen
when he says:  "The correct solution is don't do Facebook."

   Eben Moglen on Facebook, Google and Government Surveillance
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJCczbSF-B8

   Eben Moglen Fosdem 2011 Keynote
   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNaIji_3xBE

  "Every time you make a link you are teaching the machine"

-Karl