[P2P-F] P2P Foundation List Moderation Notice

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Fri Aug 22 15:34:46 CEST 2014

dear Quiliro,

let me repeat that Willi is entirely welcome to bring those views to our
community , and at the same time refrain from slanderous and defamatory
statements,

of course, Willi has valuable points of view, like every other human being,
but he also has duties to the communities he wants to participate in, and
one of those is basic respect for the intregrity of his comrades,

it's totally okay to critique someone, and to point to facts of corruption
and power abuse,

what is not okay is to attack david bollier for being in the activist for
personal gain, without bringing any reasoned argument or fact to the table,
to say the Allianza Solidaria is corrupt without backup, or to say that I'm
an austrian economist, CIA agent or now killing fascist, without any proof.

I have no personal animosity against Willi, I am divided between sympathy,
as he does this again and again in nearly all the forums he participates
in, and the feeling that this is exactly what it is looking for. How else
to interpret the statement against Bollier, it was crafted in my opinion to
precisely ellicit this reaction. So there is an engineering of victimhood
in this case which is quite systematic and therefore must be an important
subjective and pleasing function.

The P2P Foundation, and the commons / p2p movement generally needs to move
from open access platforms where anything goes, and which self-destruct
precisely because they accept those that want to destroy them in their
midst, as happened with Indymedia and many other great platforms, who
listened to the kind of absolute arguments you bring forward, or the
managed commons that build community through integrity.

It's also a question of scale and time, our time is not infinite, and
people who live from negative attention take a lot of valuable time from
communities; in a real f2f community of course you need to deal with this
differently, but online, you have to give the people the freedom to do
their thing elsewhere, and bid them goodbye, respectfully,

remember the only thing necessary is to apologize for insults and slander,
and indicate that you will change your behaviour, it is not complicated to
be or stay in this forum; opinions are not at state;

nothing forbids you to learn from willi in private conversations, as does
anyone in this community, that is the right place to put time in the
complicated communication strategy, and if you privately accept slander and
defamation, again, that is your good right; so I wish you the best of luck
with it,

I have now to stop this dialogue, we both said our piece,

Michel

--
Check out the Commons Transition Plan here at:
http://en.wiki.floksociety.org/w/Research_Plan

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/