[P2P-F] Fwd: P2P-Foundation Digest, Vol 44, Issue 43

George Pór george at Community-Intelligence.com
Wed Aug 20 22:41:56 CEST 2014

In my view, Willi's unfunded accusation and slander of David Bollier, a
leading light of the commons movement, is sufficient reason to block him
from this list.

george

On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Kevin Flanagan <kev.flanagan at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Yes James Burke and I are the list moderators.
>
> This mailing list is managed on behalf of the community by the
> foundation to share and build knowledge and experience and to support
> those that wish to make concrete contributions working with movements
> for the commons. David Bollier is one such person.
>
> We at the P2P Foundation pride ourselves on maintaining a pluralistic
> forum where diverse views can be shared, debated and discussed.
> Holding such a space where people feel comfortable to contribute and
> engage in a constructive manner has to date required little or no
> moderation and the culture on the list has been for the most part one of
> mutual respect and comradery. Constructive debate and discussion is
> always welcome, however it must be affirmed that this is a community
> list and a community service. It is not acceptable for any individual to
> use this list as a platform for launching personal attacks against other
> community members.
>
> As I have said we pride ourselves on being tolerant and the last thing
> we want to do is block people from the list.
>
> Willi I do not have the time, interest or desire to engage with your
> provocations.
>
> If it is the desire of the community and the management of the P2P
> Foundation that your are blocked from the list then I will do so.
>
> Kevin
>

> Michel Bauwens:
> > I used to maintain a strong rule of no personal attacks on the list, but
> > must say I have gotten tired to be the only one reacting,
> >
> > Willi, who is notorious for these kinds of attacks and false accusations,
> > is clearly making a gratuitous accusation against our friend David
> Bollier,
> > whom I know as a lifelong activist for the commons, at great personal
> > sacrifice, and the contrary of someone who uses the commons for private
> > personal gain.
> >
> > does everyone find that normal ? do we have to the time to spend
> answering
> > such provocations ?
> >
> > personally, it is here that I would give a warning to Willi, and say,
> this
> > is not the place for such unsupported attacks, and please abstain or you
> > will have to leave this forum.
> >
> > But for Willi, this is just been systematic practice, so the warnings
> have
> > been repeated endlessly in various forums, and it has had no effect,
> >
> > So I'm requesting the removal of Willi from this list, as he has been
> > removed recently from the networked labour list, exactly for the same
> > reason,
> >
> > Kevin, as list manager, I believe this is your job?
> >
> > personal defamation is not an acceptable practice on this list,
> >
> > I am not going to get into a debate on this, but if any people would find
> > it such practices normal, I would propose to disband this list and start
> > new one where this rule is made clear from the very beginning, avoiding
> [...]

George Pór
Fellow, Future Considerations
Founder, CommunityIntelligence Ltd

researcher in collective intelligence and wisdom
integral mindfulness
<http://www.community-intelligence.com/?q=integral-mindfulness> mentor and
learning partner to leaders
and changemakers in business, government and civil society

Email:        george at community-intelligence.com
Mobile:      +44 7780 181 865
Skype:       georgepor
LinkedIn:   uk.linkedin.com/in/georgepor
Twitter:      @Technoshaman
Web:         *http://www.community-intelligence.com/?q=george-por
<http://www.community-intelligence.com/?q=george-por>*
Blog:         http://blogofcollectiveintelligence.com