[P2P-F] market orientation

Gordon Cook cook at cookreport.com
Wed Aug 13 22:17:33 CEST 2014

On Aug 13, 2014, at 1:34 PM, willi uebelherr <willi.uebelherr at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I am surprised that people are so tolerant against systematic ad
> hominem attacks that are often slanderous and based on pure ignorance
> and projection; we used to manage this on p2p-f list, asking people to
> focus on arguments ... but once I gave up , I notice no one else seems
> to care about this deterioration of discourse ethics,
>
> Michel

Talk about behavior Michel?  What about your behavior in going back on your solemn word to write an extensive analysis of what happened to you in Ecuador.  And then after Bernardo the moderator of the spanish p2p list with whom you had a parting of the ways but still left him as moderator started ramping up the attacks on you a month ago YOU decided to capitulate to the attacks naming as the reason for doing so a request from the p2p "core group" who complained that the attacks were making it impossible for them to do their normal p2p work and that their identity needed to remain secret to shield them from on going attack.

When asked about the identity of this core group, you claimed that it was secret and could not be revealed and said that if I pledged to keep it secret you would tell me.  I am glad i did not fall for that bait.  Why?  Because a few days later Orsan revealed that the identity of "core" p2p members is right there on your wiki.

So why the secrecy Michel?  what kind of game were you playing with me and with others?  And what kind of TRUST have you left in the spanish hacker community?

I care about deterioration of discourse ethics.  And will ask you again for probably the fourth time.  From what you have told me it was sometime in march that the FLOKistas started calling me a neocon, a cia agent, a front for robert steele etc.  Yet you breathed not a word to me of these on going attacks and encouraged me to carry working on my policy paper until on april 30th when DV reneged on his pledge of the airfare i withdrew it.  It was only during the  first days of May that you revealed that you had delayed even looking at my drafts for some six weeks because DV and others had told you they were worthless. "a juvenile rant"  Yet during at least the full month of april you encouraged me to continue to pour time and effort down what you knew to be a rathole.

Bottom line michel, under these conditions why would i ever trust you for anything in the future?  You promised to come clean. You went back on that promise in the most awkward of ways.  Why?  To protect your brand new strategic partnership with CIC?  You DID confront DV and BG and XB in their lies about me. Thank you for that.  But the most important issue - namely the fact that according to you my integrity had been under attack by these people of some 6 weeks before at the very end of april you looked at my work for the first time…. YOU never revealed THAT to me until it was far too late.  WHY!!??

> deterioration of discourse ethics,

indeed.