[P2P-F] [Networkedlabour] Transnational and P2P Commons Transitions

Orsan Senalp orsan1234 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 3 13:46:06 CEST 2014

I agree with both you Brian and Michel about the historic chance rising. At the same time, the developments like Gaza and Ukraine are closely linked to tightening fronts between Brics on the one hand and the Old West on the other, and this negative developments (crisis) is dialectically tied to positive things (opportunist): as productive networks and lessons learned coming together creating accelerating synergy. Grassroots projects, activists, hackers, workers, farmers, interlocking nodes,.. Of course not smooth and easy at all, painful repeat of past mistakes, personality faults, communication problems, infiltration and sabotages.. But if there is a sincere open p2p dialogue, self reflection and open learning we can create something impressive and unexpected.

I think the growing exchange on the new semi-periphery is quite interesting especially reading together with David Harvey's New Imperialism, Kees van der Pijl's Global Rivalries, William Robinson-Jerry Harris' global capitalism
Arguments and William Carroll's book 'the making of the transnational capitalist class'. To know the enemy better and see its weakness and strengths, but also it help us to evaluate our selves and our alliances.

The CiC text and collaboration is intriguing Michel, really liked it. I just realized that towards the labour world, or unions transformation I have also been developing a similar quantum strategy: while supporting change agents in established unions with as positive as possible input, I thought the real push needs to come from outside the unions; as it happened before, success of IWW was the external push on craft unions to renew them selves.
So what I see great in your and p2p f's approach and strategy is not one dimensional, so not statist (based only on the partner state) but praxis outside and beyond the state as well.

In this context, we have some further steps taken in the design of Sayus project: fusing GNUnion in one project concept, working semi-intensely on we page: saysus.net
And registered the project to CIC's amazing CoopFunding initiative: http://www.coopfunding.net/en/

Best, Orsan

Sent from my iPhone