[P2P-F] [Networkedlabour] Transnational and P2P Commons Transitions

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Aug 2 07:29:23 CEST 2014

Dear Brian,

I am in full agreement with what you write here, a new K-wave is coming at
some point, but I believe it will necessarily integrate key elements of the
green and p2p compacts, if it wants to work .. I compare it to the 18th cy,
period, one system was going down (nobility), one system was going up
(bourgeoisie), with the 'absolute kings' acting as temporary arbiters as
long as both forces were of more or less equal strength . but in the end,
it had to be resolved by a flurry of 'phase transitions', in one country
after another ..

so, while police state fascism will emerge in certain contexts, it is far
from sure that this will be the dominant reality (thailand is really
significant here, declining nobility and bangkok middle class, facing
rising rural (including enterpreneurial), working and chinese industrial
class sections, neither coalition can win, so the military come up as
arbitrageurs, but though they want to lock down democracy in favour of the
first , the strength of the latter coalition precludes long term success);
some kind of compromise is inevitable in order to pacify the social
majority, it seems to me

But I have one question, you say Minqi Li says there is no longer a reserve
periphery .. but what about Africa ? (and the rise of latin america in the
naugthies ?)
http://p2pfoundation.net/Rise_of_China_and_the_Demise_of_the_Capitalist_World-Economy

Michel

--
*Please note an intrusion wiped out my inbox on February 8; I have no
record of previous communication, proposals, etc ..*

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/