[P2P-F] Fwd: Wired : learner centered movement

Steve Ediger steveediger at gmail.com
Fri Oct 18 19:19:49 CEST 2013

Yes, Marco, I agree.   It's hardly new or radical.

On the other hand, having worked in education for over 15 years, and an
active reformer, I can say that it's one of the hardest places to achieve
change.  So I believe that we need to support every effort that makes
education more learner-centered and p2p.

I know Sugata and have followed his work since 2003.  Anecdotely, he has
had remarkable results, and I fully support his continued lab-baseed
research. There has been criticism that he needs to back it up with
scientific data and I was glad to see in the Wired article, the references
to studies on learning impact.

We would be wise to support this work or augment it in whatever way we can,
while replacing the label of "new and radical"  with, perhaps, "necessary".

Steve Ediger