[P2P-F] Fwd: Wired : learner centered movement

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Fri Oct 18 17:22:51 CEST 2013

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 13:03:27 PM +0200, Michel Bauwens wrote:

> http://www.wired.com/business/2013/10/free-thinkers/
>
> a new breed of educators, inspired by everything from the Internet
> to evolutionary psychology, neuroscience, and AI, are inventing
> radical new ways for children to learn, grow, and thrive...

hardly "radical new". As I tweeted when I first found that piece, this
sounds a lot like Scouting as it was meant to be since 1907. Compare:

> Teachers provide prompts, not answers, and then they step aside so
> students can teach themselves and one another.

with, just to name the first 3 pages I found in a 1-minute search:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scout_method#Self-learning

or "Learning through doing" in

http://infed.org/mobi/robert-baden-powell-as-an-educational-innovator/

and "progressive self-education" in