[P2P-F] Fwd: [Networkedlabour] Fwd: [WSF-Discuss] Fwd: Global Crisis - Global Solidarity: Come join us in Berlin!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Nov 14 20:36:58 CET 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Orsan <orsan1234 at gmail.com>

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: UnionBook <mail at unionbook.org>
Date: Thu, Nov 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Subject: Global Crisis - Global Solidarity: Come join us in Berlin!
To: "peterwaterman1936 at gmail.com" <peterwaterman1936 at gmail.com>

     I’m writing today to invite you to LabourStart’s 4th Global Solidarity
Conference, due to open in Berlin on Friday, 23 May 2014.

The conference theme this year is “*Global Crisis - Global Solidarity*”.

The conference opens immediately after the close of the 3rd World Congress
of the International Trade Union Confederation.  If you plan to attend the
ITUC, please consider staying in Berlin for another couple of days for what
promises to be the best LabourStart conference ever.

Full details about the conference are on the website at
http://www.labourstart.org/2014/

*All trade union activists are welcome to attend the conference — but you
must register first, online.*

Participation in the conference is *free of charge*, including the special
events on Friday and Saturday evenings and lunches during the conference
days.  Participants are, however, expected to *pay for their own travel
cost and accommodation*.  (We will try to help out with cheap or free
accomodation near the conference venue.)

To register to attend, go here:

http://www.labourstart.org/2014/register.php?langcode=en&city=Berlin&year=2014

If you’re in Berlin, or can easily get there, please consider volunteering
to be on the conference organizing committee.

Please direct any questions you may have to gisela at labourstart.org — but
first, please make sure to check out the conference website.

We’ll be sending out much more information in the next few weeks and
months, but wanted to make sure everyone knows the dates of our conference
— and also to get a sense of how many people plan on coming.

*I look forward to seeing you in Berlin!*

Eric Lee

Visit UnionBook at: http://www.unionbook.org/?xg_source=msg_mes_network

 To control which emails you receive on UnionBook, click
here<http://www.unionbook.org/profiles/profile/emailSettings?xg_source=msg_mes_network>

--

   - *EBook (co-editor), February 2013: World Social Forum: Critical
   Explorations http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/
   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/>*
- *EBook, November 2012: Recovering Internationalism
   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/recovering_internationalism/>.  *[Now *free
   *in two download
formats]<http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/>*
   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/world_social_forum/>*
   - *Interface Journal Special (co-editor), November 2012: **For the
   Global Emancipation of Labour <http://www.interfacejournal.net/current/>*
   - *Blog:** http://www.unionbook.org/profile/peterwaterman.
   <http://www.unionbook.org/profile/peterwaterman.> *
   - *EBook 2011, Under, Against, Beyond (Compilation 1980s-90s)
   http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/under-against-beyond/
   <http://www.into-ebooks.com/book/under-against-beyond/>*
   - *Paper 2012:*
* The 2nd Coming of the World Federation of Trade Unions
   <http://www.unionbook.org/profiles/blogs/peter-waterman-the-second-coming-of-the-wftu-updated>*
   - *
   <http://www.unionbook.org/profiles/blogs/peter-waterman-the-second-coming-of-the-wftu-updated>Paper
   2012:  Marikana, South Africa, The March of the Undead
   <http://www.unionbook.org/profiles/blogs/marikana-south-africa-elsewhere-the-dance-of-the-undead>*
   - *Chapter, 2013. 'Many New Internationalisms!', in Corinne Kumar (ed),
   Asking, We Walk:** The South as New Political Imaginary, Bangalore:
   Streelekha Publications.*
   -

SUBSCRIBE: Send empty email to
worldsocialforum-discuss-subscribe at openspaceforum.net