[P2P-F] Fwd: Janelle gets serious for a minute.....then sends 12 videos to inspire you!

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue May 14 22:00:23 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Janelle Orsi <janelle.orsi at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Subject: Janelle gets serious for a minute.....then sends 12 videos to
inspire you!
To: janelle at theselc.org

Dear friends,
Last week, I emailed a big update about my work and asked people to
contribute to the Sustainable Economies Law Center. Today, SELC has $3,800
left to raise to get a $10,000 matching grant tomorrow. Can you help
us?  Here's
the link to contribute<http://www.razoo.com/story/Selc-Spring-Matching-Grant-Campaign>
.

*My serious note: *Normally, I send cartoons to inspire people to support
SELC, and this email is no exception. But on a more serious note, I want to
say that SELC has historically gotten a lot of important work done with
almost no wiggle room in our budget. In October, when a group of
Chinese-American farmers got hit with heartbreaking fines that threatened
to shut down their farms and way of life, SELC jumped in to advocate for
the farmers, and we've been involved ever since. We didn't feel we had the
time or resources to help the farmers, but we did anyway, because the
incident has broad implications. That's how SELC works. We just dive in and
do stuff when it really matters and when it will have a big impact. In the
long run, we really can't do this without building a solid base of
individual supporters, and I'm emailing because I'm hoping you will become
part of that base.

*And below are 12 videos to get you inspired about SELC.* Also, attached
are lists of our 2011 and 2012 accomplishments (one of which features 20
cartoon drawings).

   1. Raising Dough <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFUWLiZNGp4>: A
   silly 45-second video about our work to raise money this week.
   2. A Day in the Life of SELC <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JF388xEeucQ>:
   A fun 43-second video depicting a day in the life of SELC.
   3. Legal Roots of Resilience <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pBVWjValZ8>:
   A 4-minute cartoon about legal barriers to creating resilient communities.
   4. Housing for an Economically Sustainable
Future<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HlDN6Yu0Gk>:
   8-minute cartoon about cooperative housing law.
   5. Economy Sandwich<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVUXiUkfQCs&list=PL6qQLv9YMwH2F79xleAXPap5TTsDUxeSP&index=2>:
   A 9-minute cartoon all about the legal grey areas that arise in the sharing
   economy.
   6. Citylicious<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYUr0GKWWX8&list=PL6qQLv9YMwH2F79xleAXPap5TTsDUxeSP>:
   A 9-minute cartoon all about legal issues that arise in connection to urban
   agriculture.
   7. Share Spray<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U31BKGEZvBs&list=FLAr5sK9Rmu6m81nEn_lTL1Q>:
   A fun 5-minute animation about how sharing will transform the world, made
   in collaboration with the Center for a New American
Dream<http://newdream.org/>
   .
   8. Legal Eats:<http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6qQLv9YMwH1nEb6CCmiEe55g4UeCyVTe>
A 14-part
   video series on legal topics relevant to starting a community-based food
   enterprise, made in collaboration with the Green Collar Communities
   Clinic <http://greencollarcommunities.wordpress.com/> - *featuring more
   cartoons!*
   9. Think Outside the
Boss:<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC1X27kQIlw&list=FLAr5sK9Rmu6m81nEn_lTL1Q>
An
   8-part video series on legal topics relevant to starting a worker
   cooperative, made in collaboration with the Green Collar Communities
   Clinic <http://greencollarcommunities.wordpress.com/> - *featuring more
   cartoons!*
   10. Community Renewable Energy
Webinar<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqG9i-ZnWZE>: An
   hour-long webinar on creating community-owned renewable energy projects.
   11. The Legal Landscape of Social Enterprise and the Sharing
Economy<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxDYVA7y9Lc> - featuring
   SELC's co-founders Jenny Kassan and Janelle Orsi - *featuring more
   cartoons!*
   12. Mr. Bread Tells the Story of the California Homemade Food
Act<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5Zt7-NwRVU>
   *: *A 90-second movie featuring talking bread with googly eyes. Yes,
   SELC staff do get a little silly sometimes.

Again, here's the link to give
support<http://www.razoo.com/story/Selc-Spring-Matching-Grant-Campaign>.
Please forward widely as well. Thank you so much!
Janelle
--
Janelle Orsi, Executive Director
Sustainable Economies Law Center <http://www.theselc.org/>