[P2P-F] Fwd: Your ticket to adventure

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Wed May 1 20:37:43 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jem Bendell <drjbendell at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Apr 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Subject: Your ticket to adventure
To: Jem Bendell <jb at lifeworth.com>

Please excuse the circular.. I have something to share...

Sometime next year we will reach 400ppm of carbon in the atmosphere. That’s
100 over the highest levels for a million years before industrialisation.
What we are doing isn’t working. It’s time we dared reassess how to create
change, and how to prepare for the massive disruption that is coming. This
isn’t doom and gloom. This is doom and zoom – embracing the science and
trying new approaches to seek the scale and speed of change required. It
could even be doom and bloom – through seeing how we became deluded from
the truths of life, and so allow ourselves to be transformed and help new
ways of life to emerge.

In a recent article for the Guardian (http://gu.com/p/3f8ae/tw), I
discussed what it might mean if it’s too late for sustainable business. The
conversation is continued at the Royal Geographical Society on May 28th,
with sustainability explorers from many walks of life. What has the
co-founder of the band Faithless got to tell us about our inner adventure
to sustainability? Don’t just think about it. For the next 48 hours,
tickets are for sale with a 15% reduction with the promo code Lifeworth.
www.sustainabilityadventures.com

The event launches the Institute for Leadership and Sustainability (IFLAS),
and is supported by Impact International, Robert Kennedy College, B4E
Summit, Lifeworth, and Future Perfect. It could also be supported by you:
contact Martin Pyrah at IFLAS (martin.pyrah at cumbria.ac.uk) if your
organisation can provide additional support or bring the event to your
city.

Thx, Jem

--
Professor Jem Bendell

Director, Institute for Leadership and Sustainability (IFLAS)
University of Cumbria, UK
Charlotte Mason Building
Rydal Road, Ambleside
LA22 9BB, UK