[P2P-F] an important announcement of the p2p foundation

Denis Postle d.postle at btinternet.com
Mon Jul 29 08:23:10 CEST 2013

On 23/07/2013 09:36, Michel Bauwens wrote:
> Dear Denis,
> Right now, I and our little group are facing scaling issue, the
> interest is exploding, demands on our time is skyrocketing, and we
> should professionalize, but, are not successful yet in achieving this
> new phase.
Hello Michel,
I won't comment on the 'confession', both the damage and the culprit(s)
seem out of my range, and happily, since this message was posted your
circumstances seem to have improved a bit.

However I want to strongly argue against any idea of 'professionalizing'
as a mistaken model for structuring an entity such as the P2P
Foundation. I could say more on that if anyone is interested.

I'd join James in what I understand him to be saying, that the P2P
Foundation move from a 'divergence' phase - curating everything relevant
and trying out anything that is on offer - to a phase of 'convergence',
making sense - more focused evaluation against constitutional criteria -
for instance moving towards giving a higher priority to positive
programme than critique. This won't be news to P2P but how it can be
handled might be.

Given that as James says, the Foundation needs to be have a separate
constitutional status (maybe it already does) what I am suggesting is
that alongside but distinct from this, the P2P foundation group adopts a
cooperative enquiry process for the group's day to day structuring of
priorities, actions and holding to constitutional intentions.

Cooperative enquiry is well attested protocol for P2P engagement, here
is a basic cooperative enquiry recipe
<http://www.mindgymnasium.com/ebooks/PDFs/CulturesCooperation.pdf> and
if John Heron, one of the developers of cooperative enquiry is looking
in, perhaps he might have something to say about how it could work for
the P2P foundation.

Denis

--

Therapy Futures:
<http://www.lulu.com/shop/denis-postle/therapy-futures-obstacles-and-opportunities/paperback/product-20529660.html>

Discover the PsyCommons <http://psycommons.wordpress.com/>

/The Mind Gymnasium/ FREE ebook Library <http://www.mindgymnasium.com/>
A unique digital resource for Personal and Professional development