[P2P-F] Fw: "Fourth" of July message

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 24 12:18:45 CEST 2013

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: AMI <ami at taconic.net>
To: AMI <ami at taconic.net>
Sent: Sunday, 7 July 2013, 6:03
Subject: "Fourth" of July message

Dear Friends,
Each year we send out our Fourth of July message partly to remind
everyone that from the beginning our nation has faced difficult
challenges. Indeed just about all worthwhile
reform will appear, and be difficult to achieve. But
is this a reason to cower back from working for real and lasting
change? Just the opposite! The process of being human requires doing
the right thing. You are invited to join the American Monetary
Institute in this effort. Please do recirculate and forward this
message to your email
contacts if you wish.

A July 4th message to friends of the
American Monetary Institute,

Dear Fellow Americans, and friends around the Earth,
This 4th of July, as we have proudly celebrated our declaration of
independence from the tyranny of
a mad Brit King, lets remember the victory a small group of dedicated,
courageous men and women achieved against the world's most powerful
military of their time.

It was a victory that appeared extremely improbable at best, as
they pledged their lives and fortunes to fight for its success. And as
events and
battles were fought, the possibility of a favorable outcome grew even
smaller. But at the right moment, help from France turned the tide and
the British were defeated.

Defeated militarily, but not monetarily. For soon after the
Constitution was ratified, in 1791 the 1st Bank of the United States, a
privately owned and privately controlled central bank was put through
Congress by Treasury Secretary Alexander Hamilton, modeled on the
private Bank of England. The gang around that bank were more dangerous
than King George the 3rd; and the Hamilton people thereby insinuated
into the New World forces representing the most evolved secular form
that evil had attained in the Old World. Thanks a lot Hamilton! (Folks
all it takes to screw up our nation and end up with what we have now,
is to follow and promote Hamilton's views.)

Jefferson fought the bank, helping to bring it down and Burr killed
Hamilton over public insults; but using bank debt for money had gained
foothold in America. It's still here, in control of our monetary
system. It's the root cause of most of our social and economic
problems, and regularly plunges us into a crisis! Whenever it caused
crises in the past, our government has had to
come to the rescue. It's latest atrocity is the current monetary,
banking and
economic crisis, that has brought pain and hardship to millions of our
people! It still threatens to take the entire world economy down into
depression, and destroy the lives of billions of people in the process.

Isn't this the right time to work to end it? This crisis gives us our
only opportunity to
reform our monetary system and to eliminate using debt as
the basis for money. To absolutely
eliminate the privilege banks have to create our money supply when
they extend loans,  That is the
key. Its easy to do that with simple bank accounting rule changes,
studied and known for decades. Those trying to block
reform - for whatever sick reason always assert that credit/debt money
is a beneficial thing, and necessary. It is not!

Today they pretend to agree with reform, but argue it would be too
difficult to achieve. Don't fall for that!

The most recent example of the needed changes were formulated by
Congressman Dennis Kucinich in 2011 when he introduced into the 112th
Congress - the N.E.E.D. Act, the National Emergency Employment  Defense
Act; HR 2990. This was derived from the American Monetary Act of our
Institute. See a description, and videos at http://www.monetary.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/HR-2990.pdf

The American Monetary Institute has published
its research results in
the book The Lost Science of Money (drawn from
a study of over 800 monetary books and sources).
The first 23 chapters focus on the monetary case studies from Aristotle
forward. Then
Chapter 24 summarizes what those studies teach us and how that can
be applied to solving today's dilemma. The American Monetary Act puts
that plan into legislative form. See http://www.monetary.org  HR2990 fundamentally reforms the CREDIT/DEBT
system now wrecking our nation, replacing it with a
government MONEY system. It will solve about 80% of the problems our
country faces.

The Green Party decided to support the key elements of that Act in
recent years. You see, just about ALL the reforms the Greens want are
both worthy, AND difficult to accomplish - so most Greens are not so
easily scared away by BS about "you'll never succeed!"

How does HR 2990 work?
The Federal Reserve becomes incorporated into the U.S. Treasury.
Banks no longer have
the accounting privilege of creating our money supply. All their
previously issued credit is converted into U.S. Money through an
elegant and gentle accounting change, which has been described as
brilliant by a former officer of the NY Fed. The banks are held
accountable for this conversion. New money is then introduced
by the government spending it into circulation for infrastructure,
starting with the $2.2 trillion the engineers tell us is needed to
properly maintain our infrastructure over the next 5 years.Infrastructure will include the necessary human
infrastructure of health care and education.
Banks
are encouraged to continue lending as profit making companies, but are
no longer allowed to create our money supply through their loan making
activity. Quite simply, they have to loan money, not debt.

Thus, The American
Monetary Act nationalizes the money system, not the banking system.
Banking is not a proper function of government, at any
level, but
providing the
nation’s money supply is a key function of government. No one else can
do it properly. Any questions - don't hesitate to ask. Really.

Despite modern day prejudice against government,
most people
are
surprised to learn that history shows government has a far superior
record in controlling the money system than private controllers have.
And yes that includes the continental currency, the Greenbacks and even
the German Hyperinflation; which by the way took place under a
completely privatized German central bank! (See The Lost Science of
Money book)
Each September (19th - 22nd in 2013) we hold a
monetary reform conference at University Center in Chicago where
advanced monetary researchers and activists present talks on monetary
reform. We will extend the June 21st Discount ($285 instead of $395)
for registrations
made in the next few days by telephone to 224-805-2200. Take a look at
the speakers
brochure now at http://www.monetary.org/2013schedule.html

I mentioned that the French played a key part at the start of our nation. Today their gift to us of the
Statue of Liberty still plays a crucial role for us and for humanity.
The liberty she symbolizes does not exist in our nation. It never
really has. The Statue has always been a symbol encouraging us towards
the possible. I love that statue and when I stayed in New York, I often
anchored under it, and some of my fondest memories are of
those times as the sun set over New Jersey, still reflecting off the
Twin Towers; or anchored under the spectacular fireworks display there
during the bicentennial celebration.

Friends, we are all under pressure in this
environment. Stress will cause illness unless you act. Action will
destroy
fear! Good action towards truth will change the world. Join with us to
understand the nature of our money system, how it
should be structured and how we citizens can effect such change. Thats
what our country's founders would be doing now if they were of our
time. Thats what men and women of good will, can be doing now! Please support The American Monetary Institute,
organized in
1996 as a publicly supported charitable trust and help us in our
educational work with our fellow Americans on this crucial problem.
Thanks for your attention. I hope you have had a good
Fourth of July!
Stephen Zarlenga
AMI

"Over time, whoever controls the money system
controls the nation."
Stephen Zarlenga
Director
American Monetary Institute
To receive notices for free AMI materials,
sign up for our email list at www.monetary.org (224) 805-2200