[P2P-F] request for some additional research on: Global Political Economy and the Stratification of Labour Under Capitalism

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Thu Jan 31 07:42:19 CET 2013

http://mccaine.org/2013/01/03/book-review-zak-cope-divided-world-divided-class-global-political-economy-and-the-stratification-of-labour-under-capitalism/

Dear Orsan,

the above seems an important book, I wonder if you could perhaps mention it
on our blog but also check some references:

1)  John Smith’s PhD dissertation ‘Imperialism and Globalisaton of
Production’ which is also an important attempt to provide the value-theory
rooted political economy of super-exploitation of the Third World laborers?
It is freely available on the web. As I understand he will publish the book
on this topic in Monthly Review Press soon.

2)  There is indeed some excellent Marxist literature in development
economics, as exemplified by the works of Ben Fine, Patrick Bond, and
others.

I would love to add these suggestions in the Labor section of our wiki,

#82 on the (En)Rich list: http://enrichlist.org/the-complete-list/