[P2P-F] Fwd: Ancient Athens didn't have politicians. Is there a lesson for us?

Carmen Irurzun Anton merryweather64 at yahoo.es
Sun Jan 13 20:23:00 CET 2013

Dear P2P,
I dont think the American Constitution has ever been "of by and for" the people, as we , and the rest of the readers, were meant to interpret it. For one thing: who where the "people"? Certainly not the blacks or the indians, or the women, for that matter. Or the poor. I think that all Constitutions wrap in very beautiful terms the interests of a minority of powerful interests, that, the actual powers are intent to protect and carry on protecting. See for instance what is happening nowadays in Europe. But it is true that, in the internet era, if we, the majority of citizens WANT to change this, we could do it.
Thanks for keeping in contact. Best regards to all.
                                                                                 Carmen