[P2P-F] Fwd: Ancient Athens didn't have politicians. Is there a lesson for us?

Patrick Anderson agnucius at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 22:54:49 CET 2013

> I wonder if there has been any mathematical research for the amount of
> decentralization that is required so that a hegemonic class doesnt emerge.

This problem often viewed as solvable through *static* limitations
such as a cap on property holdings.

But I see this specifically as a *dynamic* problem that must be solved
by adjusting the *origin* of property accumulation.

I claim profit (the difference between consumer_price and owner_costs)
is the origin of property accumulation and we can solve this problem
by creating businesses/organizations that are co-owned by crowds of
consumers who choose to impose a Terms of Operation upon themselves
that:

1.) Treats Product as the investor's return.  This means only
consumers will invest to become co-owners, and only in the amount they
predict they will need of that product.  This also means the product
will not be sold (except for surplus as explained below), as it is
already pre-allocated to those who need it.  This eliminates profit
for those co-owners (they pay only costs as owners) and also
eliminates sales tax since there is no final transaction (the co-owner
of a dairy does not buy milk from himself because he owns his portion
already).

2.) Treats Profit as an investment from the consumer who paid it.
This means the current owners will charge profit against latecomers
when surplus is sold to those with insufficient co-ownership, but that
profit is immediately invested on behalf of the person who paid it so
that all consumers incrementally gain the co-ownership they need to
control the production they must have.  This auto-distributes property
to those willing to pay for that expansion, thereby avoiding the usual
problem of over-accumulation.

3.) Treats Promise-to-work as another kind of investment so we can
trade skills before production begins and eliminate the traditional
paying of wages and also avoid income tax.

4.) Allows any subgroup to secede and retain their portion of
ownership when there is a conflict.  This is a (rough) attempt to
solve the Tyranny of the Majority issue.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
http://ImputedProduction.BlogSpot.com
http://SocialSufficiencyCoalition.BlogSpot.com