[P2P-F] Fwd: Ancient Athens didn't have politicians. Is there a lesson for us?

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:14:07 CET 2013

Letting people literally become the state is the best way to protect
Democracy. But how efficient is this?

The good thing is that today we have the internet and thus it is much
easier to have a decentralized state by the people, thus solutions like
these could for some things scale without costing a lot.

I wonder if there has been any mathematical research for the amount of
decentralization that is required so that a hegemonic class doesnt emerge.

I'd prefer it to be mathematical because I know a lot of opinions on this
matter which are always interrelated with one's political
agenda.(reformist,anarchist,revolutionary marxist,capitalist)
.

2013/1/11 George Dafermos - TBM <G.N.Dafermos at tudelft.nl>

> i suppose that was probably meant as a joke, right?
> x,
> g.
>

> >No, at least for America where we have a Constitution "of, by and for
> >the People".  Athens didn't have a government of the People.
> >
> >mark

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis