[P2P-F] Fwd: open capital License?

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Tue Feb 5 03:54:37 CET 2013

answer via fb:

<https://www.facebook.com/groups/ouishare.money/299740970149341/?ref=notif&notif_t=group_comment#>
Etienne Zoupic Hayem <https://www.facebook.com/zoupic> Metacurrency (Eric
Harris Braun & Arthur Brock) answered this with : Open rules, Open
transport, open data.
Open Tules : you can see the rules and edit them
Open Transport : the flows happen in an open source environment with
transparency
Open Data : you can/could access anybody's datas, flow, history

For a complementary currency scheme today, there are 2 things that do
interest me, 2 maps, and they need to be visible, accessible and
transparent in order for me to assess a system :
- flow of the currency : rules of creation, how and when, rules of
circulation : where and how, rules of desctruction, how and where.
- rules of governance : who created the currency scheme, who decides it
now, who can decide / edit / modify the scheme, how do I enter the
governance's scheme??

When the first map gives me the model of the currency : its vision,
mission, goal and design ie : mechanism chosen, the second map gives me the
power concentration or division

The big difficulty with money when you speak about tradable goods is that
it is an agreement :
So if you fork, your change the rules. Which is what is happening between
bitcoin and freicoin, they are not using the same software cause if you
fork and chose your own system, changing's the design scheme then you can't
trade anymore with the other one.

So while in GPL or software code I could go alone for my new distribution
and I would/could have users taking it further in 20 years, when I create a
money or currency scheme, I need other players alive to agree the same
rules as me at the same moment or there will be no game exchanges. Forking
alone is stupid with a monetary scheme because it's a collective game.

So a GPL licence for money would be :
- Everybody can see the code of creation
- Everybody can propose modifications as long as it is accepted by others /
majority / the community (to be defined)
- you are free to replicate the design of this currency elsewhere

Does it answer your question?