[P2P-F] Fwd: Wired : learner centered movement

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 04:26:58 CET 2013

*I recognize quite a few of us are already on this thread*

 *http://www.quora.com/What-are-narrative-fractals*<http://www.quora.com/What-are-narrative-fractals>

* I also like to share Venkat's*

*http://www.tempobook.com/glossary/#bdi
<http://www.tempobook.com/glossary/#bdi>*

*I found both indirectly surfing via this article from Venkat*

 *http://www.tempobook.com/2012/04/16/hacking-grand-narratives/
<http://www.tempobook.com/2012/04/16/hacking-grand-narratives/>*

///

some projects lean in using such linked data approaches.

one I have been more involved with ( at the level of ideation ) called
itself netention.

code by Seth ( needs more developers, cleaning code and bugs, and UX people
to make interface easier to use - with more specific applications that can
plug into it ? ) :

*https://github.com/automenta/netentionjs2*<https://github.com/automenta/netentionjs2

The github page includes explanations for installation, and general
presentation of the approach.

some more slides / presentations :

*https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/156YzIeH-eoYFl9nMzFxofQ55KVoksqusS0pYYL4WVaA/edit*<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/156YzIeH-eoYFl9nMzFxofQ55KVoksqusS0pYYL4WVaA/edit>

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-Cwkr2N_c_qO0AIi794poSczXeYl9Yzm-P4B6U91abI/edit#slide=id.g11c9eddf4_085

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1aT7PdK54zL70P-MlZuxgQ6ASYg6pdxn6_Fcc9AIwIKM/edit#slide=id.gbfb484d3_027

also see 2011 automenta blog
archive<http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:b6aipkE8gbAJ:blog.automenta.com/2011/01/netention-semantic-narrative-authoring.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=be&client=ubuntu>

There have been several customized instances of Netention, working on a
Linode Server.

For example, one more focused on learning , another on the commons, and yet
another on mapping pollution , ...

They have recently been put off - except this one which has been put up
again ( take it as a prototype , needs much more work on it - and needs
more developers , including interface designers, and users testing it ) :

http://curiosume.com/

///

other projects in development with similar approaches ( and the case of
metamaps development, potentially inspired by shared conversations over the
last years )

http://metamaps.cc  ( latest instance / prototype with semantic technology
potentials not yet available publicly ? )

http://noomap.com

and likely more ( Pavlik and others - see OuiShare Labs on fb - also
interested in using Linked Data - and hopefully soon we can adapt it also
in Sharing Economy contexts , or even Hospitality Networks , ... )