[P2P-F] Fwd: CII fundraiser results - and some perspective...

Michel Bauwens michel at p2pfoundation.net
Sat Aug 24 01:53:24 CEST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tom Atlee <cii at igc.org>
Date: Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:11 AM
Subject: CII fundraiser results - and some perspective...
To: michel at p2pfoundation.net

    [image: Like this on
Facebook]<http://mad.ly/394ff3?pact=519306843887812409&fe=1&facebook_like=true>
[image:
Share this on Twitter]<http://mad.ly/394ff3?pact=519306843887812409&fe=1&twitter_share=true>
[image:
Pin to Pinterest]<http://mad.ly/394ff3?pact=519306843887812409&fe=1&pinterest_share=true>
[image:
Share this on with
+1]<http://mad.ly/394ff3?pact=519306843887812409&fe=1&plusone_share=true>
    [image:
BlownGrass]
Tom Atlee's Co-Intelligence Journal
[image: Cii-logo-smaller]<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-fcf84d31b6d896aaebc400d5462a5475-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>

. The Co-Intelligence Symbol .

*What this message is about: We had a fairly successful fundraiser, but
we're still tight. It is interesting to contemplate tight times in the
context of a country and world overflowing with wealth. What kind of
collective intelligence and wisdom would help us get our priorities
straight?*
CII fundraiser results - and some
perspective...<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-4ed6c77146ef7b4cc52df730b0bebf25-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>

Thanks to all who participated in our June-July fundraiser. I'd like to
express special thanks to our anonymous matching-grant donor of $5000.

All told we raised $11,890 - almost 60% of our target of $20,000. This will
support four months of Co-Intelligence Institute activities at our minimal
budget of $3000 per month.

We know these are tight times for most nonprofit organizations and many
other people and groups, as well. We join them in tightening our belts
further, economizing, and seeking other sources of support. Should you be
inspired to support
us<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-826b16a713f7d0cb770799a53c09dced-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>again
or newly, we would greatly appreciate it.

It is so thought-provoking to explore how wealthy modern society is, how
ample money exists to provide all our needed public services, how only
questions of priority stand between collective folly and resourcing the
changes needed for a healthy civilization. For eye-opening examples of
this, see this chart<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-c4732b3c895e75864c266ee00a3f1389-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>about
wealth and income and this
chart<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-7f3b3d558a71f6774a82d74eec45c021-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>comparing
military budgets to solving the world's problems. (Although this
latter chart is 12 years old and the cost of solving major world problems
has gone up, so have military expenditures, from $780,000,000,000 to
$1,753,000,000,000.)

This odd reality inspires us to inquire: What kind of collective
intelligence and wisdom would make us naturally prioritize activities that
"promote the general welfare and secure the blessings of liberty to
ourselves and our posterity"? What kind of governance, politics, and
economics would make such an approach our normal everyday business-as-usual?

We need answers to these questions if we are to survive as a civilization.
We in the Co-Intelligence Institute will continue our research, dialogues,
and advocacy on these issues. We invite you to join us in that adventure.

We also thank you for the work you are already doing on behalf of a better
world. It will take us all to make the difference the world needs.

Coheartedly,
Tom

site: http://www.co-intelligence.org<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-535ce1342a0eb8f8719de3e95bcb4679-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>/
blog:
http://tomatleeblog.com<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-10a154f4e9099b823d58070e44dcbcb8-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>
Read Empowering Public
Wisdom<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-2e136c9e964d26f7d4f4cf4470f53dd4-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>,
The Tao of Democracy<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-12f0210537e4a5ba4cd931371ee741cf-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>and
           Reflections on Evolutionary
Activism<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-574ccb8498b335ac1cd648494ba5f544-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>
Please support our work. Your
donations<https://go.madmimi.com/redirects/1377299388-5be445c2a624459e32c5e03addf8ea65-2ba49f6?pa=519306843887812409>are
fully tax-deductible in the U.S.
Important Notice

I have changed the way I send out my messages. Future messages will look
like this one.
*If you wish to continue receiving my messages in the previous plain text
email format* send me an email at cii at igc.org with "Revert to previous
format" in the Subject line.
    ©2013 Co-Intelligence Institute | PO Box 493, Eugene, OR 97440
       This email was sent to michel at p2pfoundation.net. To ensure that you
continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe
list. View this email on the web
here<http://mad.ly/394ff3?pact=519306843887812409&fe=1>
. You can also forward to a
friend<https://go.madmimi.com/forward/519306843887812409?amx=4386670875>