[P2P-F] Fwd: Contributing to ? : Tribler - P2P Bartercast reputation system + Bandwidth-as-a-currency ( presentation at Stanford )

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Sun Sep 16 16:53:55 CEST 2012

FYI ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dante-Gabryell Monson <dante.monson at gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Subject: Re: <Coalition> Contributing to ? : Tribler - P2P Bartercast
reputation system + Bandwidth-as-a-currency ( presentation at Stanford )
To: coalition at googlegroups.com, global-survival at googlegroups.com,
econowmix at googlegroups.com, opencc at googlegroups.com

Thanks Dan-Eric for the feedback.

They are also apparently hiring people for academic research

tribler.org/jobs

I also suggest this pdf related to the video presentation :

"*Cyber collectivism:*
*Transforming Media and Money"*

*
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:http://www.tribler.org/trac/raw-attachment/wiki/P2P-Collective/tribler_stanford_talk_may2012__v36.pdf
*

I see potential parallels and synergies with the catalyst map development (
cc : Tim Rayner )

http://www.rhok.org/problems/catalyst-map

especially when combined with another project, Netention :

presentation :
http://automenta.com/netention ( also see open source code , and
combination with its GSS mapping )

as to ultimately have a distributed system at every layer ** of such a
system for emergent collective intelligence.

*** Further Notes :*
*
*
*including ultimately, at its base / physical infrastructure, the potential
for additional solutions, such as a currently existing mobile wireless mesh
application using android powered smartphones ? *
*
*
*https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.servalproject&hl=en*<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.servalproject&hl=en>
*
*
*( and more on this
forum<http://p2pfoundation.ning.com/forum/topics/could-peernet-be-separate-from?commentId=2003008%3AComment%3A46320>
regarding
links to its open source development )*
*
*
*But also at other layers : semantic web protocols, IEML as meaning
creating grammars , enabling emergent forms of graphs through a combination
of human computation and AI, enabling access to distributed databases
providing large contexts from which queries can be operated, while using
distributed communication protocol layers such as the 4th generation
Torrent approach of the Tribler client, the QMedia microblogging solution,
and other pieces of such larger puzzle...*
*
*
*facilitating the emergence of alternative resource allocation systems on
top of such infrastructures and protocols,*
*which can use the metadata generated as currency for emergent forms of
self-governance and 4th order cybernetics ?*