[P2P-F] Rebel Cities: Shareable's David Harvey Interview

Neal Gorenflo neal at shareable.net
Fri Sep 7 02:30:06 CEST 2012

Hi commoners and peers!

We have something rare on tap at Shareable.  Chris Carlsson, a founder of
Critical Mass and author of *Nowtopia*, interviewed the esteemed Marxist
geographer David Harvey about his new book *Rebel Cities*:

http://www.shareable.net/blog/interviewed-david-harvey-on-rebel-cities

Chris is a marvel on his own.  He's a great match for Harvey as an
interviewer.  The interview has numerous counter-intuitive ideas about
cities.  It also contains constructive critiques of liberals, anarchists,
and even commons advocates.

I pursued this hard to get interview because we've noticed that the
interest in cities has dramatically escalated online.  People are
recognizing the importance of cities as crucibles of the future as
urbanization accelerates.  There's more and more media around it.  And IBM,
BMW and other the other corporations funding it are very deliberately
shaping the public's vision about the cities.  And of course, it's a
technocentric free-market vision, not a commons-based one.  We at Shareable
want to counter this vision as much as we can.  I hope you'll read, comment
on, share the interview and otherwise help popularize a commons-based
vision of cities.

If you have any ideas about how to do that to a greater degree, please drop
me a line.

Thanks for your good works in the world, Neal

--

Neal Gorenflo | Publisher, Shareable <http://shareable.net/> |
@Shareable<http://twitter.com/Shareable> |