[P2P-F] Greek Elections

Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis xekoukou at gmail.com
Sun May 6 20:53:44 CEST 2012

7 months after the occupy Syntagma Square movement, the elections have
shown that the Greek citizens believe that an alternative political program
is possible. It is important to note that during this period, in one year,
unemployment in Greece rose 10 per cent. Have a look at this
graph<http://www.google.com/publicdata/explore?ds=z8o7pt6rd5uqa6_&ctype=l&strail=false&nselm=h&met_y=unemployment_rate&fdim_y=seasonality:sa&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country_group&idim=country:at:nl:lu:de:es:ie:sk:hu&tstart=410227200000&tunit=M&tlen=337&hl=en&dl=en&iconSize=0.5&uniSize=0.035#%21ctype=l&strail=false&bcs=d&nselm=h&met_y=unemployment_rate&fdim_y=seasonality:sa&scale_y=lin&ind_y=false&rdim=country_group&idim=country:de:es:ie:sk:it:el&ifdim=country_group&tstart=744584400000&tend=1328479200000&hl=en_US&dl=en&ind=false>
.

These results will have a significant impact in Europe. Greece might be
thrown away from Europe but Greece's paradigm will provoke internal popular
movements in other European countries.
One thing is certain. The economy as we know it in Europe cannot continue
to work in the same way. It would work if people accepted the austerity
measures, if people accepted to work more and be paid less.
The question then is: Will the new popular governments be able to propose
an alternative economic model? Will they erase the old ways for new ones?

The p2p movement needs to offer new alternative ways. Right now, we have
either the possibility of nationalization of the economy or capitalism.
We need  a p2p way of controlling the economy.
.
--

Sincerely yours,

     Apostolis Xekoukoulotakis