[P2P-F] Fw: Not a normal day.

robert searle dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat May 5 11:26:53 CEST 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Bill McKibben - 350.org <organizers at 350.org>
To: robert searle <dharao4 at yahoo.co.uk>
Sent: Saturday, 5 May 2012, 2:03
Subject: Not a normal day.

Greetings!

For some people on our email list, dawn has arrived on Saturday and Climate Impacts Day has already begun.
So this is a short reminder that 5/5 is no normal day — it’s the day that people around the world are coming together to Connect the Dots about climate change. I’ve just heard that the very first action, in the Marshall Islands in the Pacific Ocean where the sun rises first, was a great success: people there dove down for an underwater rally on their threatened coral reef. So even if it’s raining where you are, know that some people have already gotten entirely wet to sound the alarm!

Here's the place to find the nearest action — and when you’re done go back to the computer to watch the images scroll in from around the planet (and make sure to upload your own photos).
This is like a giant seminar on the topic: What does global warming look like in its early stages? And if we can put a human face on climate change it will help immeasurably in all our campaigning in the years ahead. You’re that human face.
Thanks so much for heading out to help.

Bill McKibben
P.S. Don’t forget to upload your photos from your events to ClimateDots.org! There are full instructions on the website, but the basic idea is to attach your single best photo and email it to photos at 350.org — and make sure to put the location of the photo in the subject line and the the story behind the photo as the text of the email.

350.org is building a global movement to solve the climate crisis. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter, and sign up for email alerts. You can help power our work by getting involved locally and donating here. What is 350? Go to our website to learn about the science behind the movement.
To stop receiving emails from 350.org, click here.