[P2P-F] +U : coding android application - geolocation, gaming, and ( local ) micro-volunteering matching - Hub Westminster 30-31 March

Dante-Gabryell Monson dante.monson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 15:02:21 CEST 2012

in case some of us missed on this one
+ see event Hub Westminster 30-31 March

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/community/better_futures/plus_u

+U, formerly known as Greenbook is a clever idea for an application that
matches local people with local projects.

Through using the latest geolocation and gaming technology, it will be
designed to make volunteering quicker, easier and more social.

In doing so, it has the potential to bring many new people to volunteering
and change our communities and environment for the better.

http://www.goodfornothing.co/2012/03/09/maketime/

Last year Sony launched Open Planet Ideas <http://www.openplanetideas.com/> an
initiative we really liked the look off. Asking people to imagine how
technology might help with some of the world’s most pressing environmental
and social problems. They had lots if ideas submitted and one idea +U has
been bought to life by Sony.

+U is an Android Application that helps find quick micro-volunteering
opportunities for people to help charities and causes in their local area.
It has been designed with gaming and social flavours to try and encourage
more people to make time for others in need.

Sony is keen to open up the APP code and see makers and creators develop it
to help two specific France and UK based charities as well as offering up
an open challenge to see if something freerange and magic can also be
created with the code.

So we’re collaborating with them to host MAKE/TIME a 48 hour Making and
Developing gig taking place at Hub Westminster  <http://hubwestminster.net/>on
the 30th/31st March

We’re looking to form a small crack team of developers, designers and
thinkers to make this go off.

http://www.openplanetideas.com/

http://www.openplanetideas.com/+u.html

http://www.landofdroid.com/2012/sony-launch-u-application-for-voluteers/