[P2P-F] Israel as Zomia?

Kevin Carson free.market.anticapitalist at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 02:51:22 CET 2012

This suggests to me that the Israelite amphictyony may have actually
been people from the settled areas of Canaan -- the Canaanites,
Israelites, Moabites, Edomites, Midianites and other Western Semitic
peoples were really a Greater Hebrew nation -- who voted with their
feet and migrated into less governable areas of the central
Palestinian highlands.  And they recuperated the Canaanite El cultus
at Bethel and adapted it to their own needs.  This would make them a
lot like Scott's Zomians, or the Tinkers, Travellers and Cossacks.

--
Kevin Carson
Research Associate, Center for a Stateless Society http://c4ss.org

"You have no authority that we are bound to respect" -- John Perry Barlow
"We are legion. We never forgive. We never forget. Expect us" -- Anonymous

Homebrew Industrial Revolution:  A Low-Overhead Manifesto
http://homebrewindustrialrevolution.wordpress.com
Desktop Regulatory State http://desktopregulatorystate.wordpress.com